Fin selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Sport are made for boots snd are a bit better in the power transfer tgsn the go travel.

Are you flutter kicking or frog kicking?

I usually grog kick when going slowly, but flutter when I need to speed up, or pick up the pace.

When !'m tackling sharks it's seawing novas all the way

full.jpg

and even when !'m not tackling sharks

full.jpg

Ho ho ho Merry Christmas!

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm going to have to try some out first. There is a lot to unpack here.

You might want to give long blade, "free dive" fins a try.
Foot pocket design and fit varies. Carbon fiber blades are really nice.
The best I've used are Moana.
Moana Waterman Carbon Fiber Freedive Fins

You might want to give long blade, "free dive" fins a try.
Foot pocket design and fit varies. Carbon fiber blades are really nice.
The best I've used are Moana.
Moana Waterman Carbon Fiber Freedive Fins

One of the criteria was to travel well. I would love to use free diving fins, but they don't pack very well.

One of the criteria was to travel well. I would love to use free diving fins, but they don't pack very well.
It's fun to hand carry them, wrapped in plastic. I got a lot of interesting questions from the TSA folks.
"Fins? Kinda long, aren't they"
And the carbon fiber ones are very light weight and fit into the overheads.

It's fun to hand carry them, wrapped in plastic. I got a lot of interesting questions from the TSA folks.
"Fins? Kinda long, aren't they"
And the carbon fiber ones are very light weight and fit into the overheads.

Do they count as a carry-on? I suppose you could strap one to each leg and call them a fashion statement. I've heard of some people wearing their BCD on the plane, but I think they would be difficult to wear as shoes, though.

Do they count as a carry-on? I suppose you could strap one to each leg and call them a fashion statement. I've heard of some people wearing their BCD on the plane, but I think they would be difficult to wear as shoes, though.
I took my Moanas to Hawai'i and the Philippines from Belize. No problem.

If someone is interested in using long fins for scuba (which seems to be increasingly more common for experienced warm water divers), please also take a look at the selection of fins from MAKO.

Although carbon fins for scuba might be a bit of overkill, our "consumer direct" price on carbon fins (under $240 with free shipping in the US) might make them affordable to a larger segment of divers.

We also offer less expensive options which are well below $100.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Carbon-Elite-Freedive-Fins-p/mceff.htm

MCEFF-2T.jpg

The best carbons I've tried are Moana. Haven't tried Mako fins yet. But everything I've bought from Mako was also excellent quality. Thanks Dano.

Back
Top Bottom