Fin size to Rock boot???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have size 11 rock boots and another type as well. They are ok but, I prefer a harder sole and am looking for one as it is very rocky here.
Have fun out there and stay safe

Jetfins XXL will fit size 11 rockboots.

Wanted to do an update on my rockboots size 9 to my XL jets... With time they easily go in/out without any difficulty.

I use to be nervous about donning while entering rough surf in fear of losing one of the fins, so I would put on before walking into the surf.

Now, I don't think twice and it glides in and off without problem. Yes it's still a secure tight fit, but the easy of donning/doffing with each usage has molded the two much better.

I also periodically use a silcone spray to protect the jets...

MG

Hi Mike, thanks for the thread.

What about that issue raised of the foot sticking out too much?

How do they work when finning?

The fact they fit snug makes them a good extension of your foot so even if it extends a lot should not make a difference IMO.

Hi Mike, thanks for the thread.

What about that issue raised of the foot sticking out too much?

How do they work when finning?

The fact they fit snug makes them a good extension of your foot so even if it extends a lot should not make a difference IMO.

Belmont,

When I took the photographs, the suit nor the fins had ever touched water, not even pool sessions.

I need to retake a picture of the boot placed into the fin in dry land so users can see the foot goes all the way in.

Yes in the beginning I didn't place my foot all the way in, or I had trouble with the fit since the mold is tight. However, with time the fins have now molded to the rockboot, what does that mean?

Simple, the rockboots size 9 will work like a snug glove and allow you the comfort of a great fin on a tough boot.

In fact, since I never drilled drain holes in my Jets sometimes they don't come off with the first pull, I need to move them side to side and they come off with ease, this serves me as a plus.

A plus you might ask? Simple really, if a spring were to fail, I'd have a better chance of rescuing the fin to the surface than if it was loose.

When I get a chance I'll re-post a pic of the boot in the fin and we can re examine the first pics I took.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom