Finally got my SD-1's!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Bob has made so many varieties/iterations of fins that sometimes he loses track of what is what. :):poke:

I was under the impression that all the "clear" blades were part of the Fab Fins experiments.

How wide are the SD-1 Pockets at the ball of the foot area? I need about 4.25-4.5" depending on Wet/Dry 2 styles of each.

Well getting organized. 35, SD-1 Military blades.SD-1 Military Proof of Concept Fins - Force Fin Found a few pair where the blade stiffness is off a bit. So these might work well with some diver who has a weak leg. But will give major discount and a few pairs with Right side foot pockets. Sure some one would like a discount for the trouble. Going to take some time to get into the other models. The material for the blades is Urethane film RF welded with cast Polyurethane pumped into fin form. Colors go from Yellow, Blue, Black and purple. Won a international Design award for the process and did Patent the process. Patents ran out years ago, but these SD-1 will never be made again. The cost was very high and these Force Fins will be a collector item down the road.
IMG_4637.jpg-fw.jpg
IMG_4639-fw.jpg

Found the Patents for Fab Force fin. Non-Mold method of Forming Objects and Articles Formed Thereby. US 6,241,567 Bi. June 5, 2001.....looks
non-mold017-fw.jpg-fw.jpg
like they ran their course.

Attachments

• non-mold018-fw.jpg
    non-mold018-fw.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 76
  • non-mold019-fw.jpg
    non-mold019-fw.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 67
  • non-mold020-fw.jpg
    non-mold020-fw.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 78
  • non-mold016.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
Found an old picture of the pair Bob loaned me all those years ago.

Footwear.jpg

Found an old picture of the pair Bob loaned me all those years ago.

View attachment 645439
Will be selling the few pairs I have left. Working remote now. Monday 30 some Force Fins will go up for sale. Price starts at $650,00 and goes up with one of a kind Force Fins. Also selling my Hockey Force Fin collection. Why am I selling my collection,? simple to raise money for several other projects and to move out of California ASAP.
6-SD-2.jpg

Attachments

• 9-sd-2.jpg
    9-sd-2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 74
  • hockey.gif
    hockey.gif
    315.4 KB · Views: 77
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom