finally pushing through that Coron trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
after having to postpone every coron trip planned in the last three years- i am finally going there (this time, with zee- of course).

we abandon the sangat island accommodation simply for the price- it was just a little too expensive- considering we will either be diving or island hopping.

so- discovery divers resort, seadive resort, or any unknown little village inn in the heart of coron? you know us, we aren't picky... we're just going to go sleep on that bed and uhmmmn... well- you get the point.

and oh- we won't have all the time to dive- so any top dive sites you would recommend we prioritize?

Guenter at Discovery Divers pioneered the dive industry in Coron. His resort has nice fan cottages and he certainly knows the wrecks inside out. The daily dive rate includes room, dives and meals - so a pretty good deal.

Must do dives:

Irako - deepest wreck at 28~40m
Akitsushima - flying boat tender and very impressive
Olympia - shallow and great for easy swim throughs
Barracuda lake - totally new experience with the temp going up, the deeper you go

Yup, I definitely recommend Discovery Dive Resort :) Their staff are also very accommodating and efficient :) The rooms and food are really nice, plus hanging out at the bar and the dock can be very relaxing.

Maggie, I have plans, depending on the weather, to be diving off Coron on the Fisheye boat, Maruha, in about two weeks. When are you going to be there?

Whatever you choose, I hope you and Zee have a great time together!

Maggie, I have plans, depending on the weather, to be diving off Coron on the Fisheye boat, Maruha, in about two weeks. When are you going to be there?

we will be there from 24th October to 27th October... in the next two weeks- we'll be somewhere in negros- in that little island called Sipaway (official name: refugio) to check out the diving. There is only one sole dive shop there and it has been there for ages- so there must be some good diving they prefer not to be advertised except through the word of mouth....

we will be there from 24th October to 27th October... in the next two weeks- we'll be somewhere in negros- in that little island called Sipaway (official name: refugio) to check out the diving. There is only one sole dive shop there and it has been there for ages- so there must be some good diving they prefer not to be advertised except through the word of mouth....

We'll be leaving Boracay on the 20th and Coron is on the schedule. The plan was to get off the boat for supplies and "shopping" there. Not sure how to find you but I'll be with those two guys (my friend and my son) in my profile picture. I'm the old fart in the middle. :D I hope to meet you.

Hey! We'll be diving Batbatan Island around 14 DEC.....will you be in Boracay then?

is sipaway different from sipalay?

sipalay is about 4 hours south (i think) of bacolod... very good diving there i heard but a bitch to get to...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom