Finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichiganScott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Finally after 3 months of trips to Gilboa, and a host of equipment problems, leg cramps, and pure tiredness, my daughter finally completed her open water certification!

I don't really have much to say about it, I'm just excited and wanted to tell people. No one where I work is a diver so no one here gives a whoop.

I was certified several years ago, after I got divorced from my first wife, and ever since then, she wanted to get certified as well.

So a few months ago I enrolled her (15) and my step-son (14) at our LDS. Well finally after the problems mentioned above with the three different trips to Ohio, my step son decided he wasn’t comfortable with the idea after all; in fact, snorkeling would be just fine with him.

That part was kind of a bummer but, I thought it was much better he decided he didn't want to do it after all, while he was on the surface than go in because he felt pressured and have problems while down.

When all was said and done my wife who currently is afraid to go in water above her chest said she is thinking about learning to snorkel; this would give her and my step-son something to do while my daughter and I are diving.

After the final dives on Sunday Both kids and I went snorkeling and feeding the fish, I’m sure everyone there could hear the squeals (sorry she just does that) from my daughter and excited shouts from my wife (On the dock) and; Whoa! Did you see that? (From the son) As fish surrounded us swimming thru arms and legs to get the food (No we didn’t touch the fish!) but we tried to take a bunch of pic’s, don’t know if any turned out yet.

I know just how you feel. My daughter is 14 and was certified last year. We went to Gilboa in July just the two us and had a blast. Tell your family congrats from the center of the Midwest and enjoy the diving, it's alot more enjoyable now at least for me it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom