Financial planning, compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have hp 100's so 3500, lp50's doubles and AL 80 so 3000 likely I won't be filling the 80's though.

Plan on either 2 sets of 50's or 2 100's

Heck you need to put this HP100's LP50's and AL80 into english for me and disclose the wetted volume (water capacity) in litres volume ideally and the pressure either psi or bar

To be real accurate I have calculated the cylinders as empty and havn't calculated any residual pressure left in them so the times I stated are longer than you will experience in practice with some residual pressure in your cylinders.

We are two different continents divided by the same language.
Maybe make that a coffee rather than tea it's quicker. LOL

I tried a conveserion thing and the answers don't make sense. Lol. Based on what your saying should work though.

What I see is that the OP is having is an itch that won't go away until it has been properly scratched. I had the same (almost) itch and scratched it to satisfaction with a compressor from Jim Shelden (@frogman 62) and it may be exactly what the Doctor ordered for @formernuke http://www.sheldensportinggoods.com/

If I could suggest starting with just the compressor and see if it satisfies what you are looking to do. It was only a short time after I received my compressor that I built a Nitrox mixing stick for very little money. For now I'm very happy and really don't see the need for an air bank.

Couv

What I see is that the OP is having is an itch that won't go away until it has been properly scratched. I had the same (almost) itch and scratched it to satisfaction with a compressor from Jim Shelden (@frogman 62) and it may be exactly what the Doctor ordered for @formernuke http://www.sheldensportinggoods.com/

If I could suggest starting with just the compressor and see if it satisfies what you are looking to do. It was only a short time after I received my compressor that I built a Nitrox mixing stick for very little money. For now I'm very happy and really don't see the need for an air bank.

Couv

Thats an idea, if I wanted to later could I add a auto drain?

Yes, but as others have pointed out, for home/personal compressor use what is the point of an auto drain? You have to mind the compressor and tanks anyway. Draining the sumps give you an idea of just how much moisture you're dealing with and how often to drain it.

Yes, but as others have pointed out, for home/personal compressor use what is the point of an auto drain? You have to mind the compressor and tanks anyway. Draining the sumps give you an idea of just how much moisture you're dealing with and how often to drain it.

Thumbs-up

You can't autodrain small compressors, they take way too long to recover. Drain between fills.

Back
Top Bottom