Find a Dive Buddy with SB's New Buddy Matrix!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
ScubaBoard is pleased to announce the launch of our NEW "BuddyMatrix"! A very comprehensive buddy finder on a Google Map!

To be shown on the Google Map or to be "Found" as a dive buddy, simply go and edit your user profile or just simply click on your username, and look at the bottom of the "About Me" tab.

Where it says, "Include in BuddyMatrix" set that to "Yes"

and then either enter in your US Zip Code, or if you don't live in the US... Enter your Latitude and Longitude in decimal form. To maintain your privacy, don't be to precise.

You can also specify your preferred methods for entering the water, and your favorite dive activities (you can also select multiple options by holding the "Ctrl" key and clicking the options you wish to select.) Then just go to our buddymatrix, and find your next dive buddy!

We hope you enjoy this little enhancement from us here at ScubaBoard.com!

This is exactly what ScubaBoard was missing. I am certain that this will grow the membership at an even faster rate. Great idea and Thanks

This is a warning to those using LAT and LONG coordinates. Make sure you enter them in the right spot. ALSO, if you are in Canada or the USA, make sure your LONG number is NEGATIVE. It looks like there are some Great Lakes people (and some in Kentucky) that will get offers to dive in Northern Russia and China which is fine if you live there.

Yeah, we are pretty proud of this piece of work. We approached it from several angles and this seemed to be the best as well as the most flexible. You can expect some additional features as time moves on.

There are at least a dozen different iterations of this kind of data base. However, NONE of them have the sheer volume of potential users that we have, and none of them have near the diversity that we have!

Instructors... people can look you up. That includes divers and non-divers alike.

Dive Shops... they can search for you as well.

Peeps, as this grows, and we know it's going to grow, you will be able to find the closest LDS to you. If you find out that your favorite LDS/Resort/Charter is not on our Buddy Matrix, then PLEASE help them to get on here. The more we have of them, the more valuable this will be to YOU the user!

This is exactly what ScubaBoard was missing. I am certain that this will grow the membership at an even faster rate. Great idea and Thanks

This is a warning to those using LAT and LONG coordinates. Make sure you enter them in the right spot. ALSO, if you are in Canada or the USA, make sure your LONG number is NEGATIVE. It looks like there are some Great Lakes people (and some in Kentucky) that will get offers to dive in Northern Russia and China which is fine if you live there.

Yep, the lack of the negative sign did indeed put me in Kazakstan, instead of north of Toronto!:D

ScubaBoard is pleased to announce the launch of our NEW "BuddyMatrix"! A very comprehensive buddy finder on a Google Map!

To be shown on the Google Map or to be "Found" as a dive buddy, simply go and edit your user profile or just simply click on your username, and look at the bottom of the "About Me" tab.

Where it says, "Include in BuddyMatrix" set that to "Yes"

and then either enter in your US Zip Code, or if you don't live in the US... Enter your Latitude and Longitude in decimal form. To maintain your privacy, don't be to precise.

You can also specify your preferred methods for entering the water, and your favorite dive activities (you can also select multiple options by holding the "Ctrl" key and clicking the options you wish to select.) Then just go to our buddymatrix, and find your next dive buddy!

We hope you enjoy this little enhancement from us here at ScubaBoard.com!

Wow! This is fantastics news! You folks are great! :dance3:

Gulp... I already thought it was too easy to find me. Hmmm, maybe I could use a fake zip code? Oops, guess not... there's only one for the entire island.

Seriously... good idea!

Wait... I couldn't find an "Include in BuddyMatrix" at the bottom of my "About Me" page. Is that because I'm a solo diver... or just blind even with my glasses!

Best thing since...........compressed air of course:) Would be cool to have a "Locate Me" link within our page profile information that is displayed to the left of these messages or either turn the "location" part of the profile information into a link showing readers where you are located at. Either way, it's a great add on and I look forward to seeing who's in my neck of the woods.

Come on Alabama divers..........get your stuff keyed in!

Kenny

But you need to add Photography to the diving types. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom