Find a Dive Buddy with SB's New Buddy Matrix!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunno if its already been suggested, but i wonder if it would be a good idea to have a way to narrow the search based on age. For someone like me, whos younger, and semi-shy (ill admit it!), that seems like itd be a good thing to have.

Dunno if its already been suggested, but i wonder if it would be a good idea to have a way to narrow the search based on age. For someone like me, whos younger, and semi-shy (ill admit it!), that seems like itd be a good thing to have.

Often the older divers are more experienced and can give you the benefit of their knowledge. I wouldn't be so keen to stick only with your own age group. So, dive with all ages and have fun. :)

I wish i was back home so i could do humber,, hey wanna come out to sask. :) any sask divers in here???

I wish i was back home so i could do humber,, hey wanna come out to sask. :) any sask divers in here???

Hey Travis,

When are ya back next? the Morrison should be open soon.

Pete

Often the older divers are more experienced and can give you the benefit of their knowledge. I wouldn't be so keen to stick only with your own age group. So, dive with all ages and have fun. :)

True thing, I just dont wanna organize a dive with someone and find out im completely incompatible with them. Someone closer to my own age would by nature increase the chances of us being compatible people. Because I dont wanna dive with someone whos company i dont enjoy obviously. Im also not sure how many older more experienced divers would want to dive with a "newb". As interested in diving as I am, I dont have much experience yet, although I am a very quick learner, but ofc they wouldnt know that unless they met me.

True thing, I just dont wanna organize a dive with someone and find out im completely incompatible with them. Someone closer to my own age would by nature increase the chances of us being compatible people. Because I dont wanna dive with someone whos company i dont enjoy obviously. Im also not sure how many older more experienced divers would want to dive with a "newb". As interested in diving as I am, I dont have much experience yet, although I am a very quick learner, but ofc they wouldnt know that unless they met me.

My point was to be more open-minded about diving with a variety of divers. There are plenty of experienced(and they don't have to be older) divers out there that are more than willing to mentor and help those with less experience. As with any activity, there will always be a few snobs that won't dive with "lesser" divers. Ignore them.

A dive buddy doesn't have to someone to socialize with too(although it's nice when you do develop a friendship that extends beyond diving). I have some dive buddies that I only dive with. We don't mix otherwise. It's OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom