• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Finding a Firearm

Discussion in 'Underwater Treasures' started by g2, Apr 12, 2021.

1. greeniguana

greeniguana Contributor

I found a nickel plated 357 revolver in the woods. Made a beer tap handle out of the cylinder. Threw the rest of it in a river.
    20210412_180852.jpg

2. Alekseolsen

Alekseolsen Contributor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Funny thread - Recently picked up a handgun while diving. A https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JO.LO.AR. to be specific.

The gun must have been recenty dropped, as magazine/safety/loading mechanism worked well.

Assume it belonged to an elderly perosn that wanted to get rid of it. (Serial numbers still visible etc.)

Did call the police, but I do feel the gun would belong at our dice-clubhouse. (Police took the gun).

I do have photos, but Chrome seems to die when I open the gallery on the phone. (+25K photos)

3. AfterDark

AfterDark Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    If it can be restored to working condition I'd keep it. One can never have too many guns. It is also a good idea to have a throw away gun in case the home invader's body needs one. If not I'd discard it.

Ghost95, Rusty Shackleford and HKGuns like this.
  4. CT-Rich

CT-Rich Solo Diver

You could probably lift some prints from that....

The military has always been good at dumping things they don’t want in the ocean. Until the 1950s, the assumption would be what ever it was, it is gone for good now....

5. g2

g2 Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    A bit of follow-up on the Browning pistol -- it cleaned up nicer than expected. Still lots of rust damage, but some numbers are visible.
    gun1.jpg gun2.jpg

6. TheQuintessentialMan

TheQuintessentialMan Registered

# of Dives: 100 - 199