Finding banned members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We all know that some folks can't help themselves and keep coming back to mete out sarcastic opinions and be general jerks. I think one has recently come back. I swear I know who it is, but I only remember his annoying avatar - a gif of a robot that appears to be snickering. I would like to have access to a list of banned members to quickly identify such folks and help out the board. Is there a link to banned members?

Most other boards you can see the screen name still with the words banned. Not sure why here they seem to disappear the person.

You could just report a suspicious post and put a description like you have above. Something like, "I think this might be a sock puppet. It reminds me of a user, whos name I forget, that had something like a gif of an annoying snickering robot for an avatar".

Most other boards you can see the screen name still with the words banned. Not sure why here they seem to disappear the person.

You could just report a suspicious post and put a description like you have above. Something like, "I think this might be a sock puppet. It reminds me of a user, whos name I forget, that had something like a gif of an annoying snickering robot for an avatar".

I'm trying, but I am having communication difficulties with a mod. I'm not sure who is at fault on the mis-communication. It might be me.

If you think it's someone who's been banned, report one of their posts and put your comment in the reason box that pops up. Reports go directly to the mods and someone will look into it.

If you think it's someone who's been banned, report one of their posts and put your comment in the reason box that pops up. Reports go directly to the mods and someone will look into it.

Did that. Not much success.

Did that. Not much success.
Mods have stated in the past that when someone is reported as a sock puppet they watch the person to make sure it really is a sock puppet. That can be a slow process, and that they do not report the results to other members. It's kind of a 'you gotta have faith' thing.

Mods have stated in the past that when someone is reported as a sock puppet they watch the person to make sure it really is a sock puppet. That can be a slow process, and that they do not report the results to other members. It's kind of a 'you gotta have faith' thing.
And he was noticed within 10 minutes of joining, and I think I was the first to call him a troll. Then he went away for the weekend, so we didn’t do anything, but he caused a flurry of activity this evening.

He is a lesson for all of us. Don’t take the bait, and he will stop trolling us...

They got rid of this sock puppet. Thanks for the faith.

Love how we work as a community to keep this place happy to talk about diving in! Thanks.

Staff members have access to a banned members list unfortunately it's in our private admin area and not publicly available. It requires a separate login for us to access it also. It's also confidential as we don't typically disclose who was banned or the reason since some have nothing to do with being sockpuppets.

The best solution is to report it as all moderators see those - communicating with a single mod you're subject to their time/understanding of the situation. Many of us have other demands on our time like work, family, travel etc. Some of us even dive...lol.

Even posting here isn't as efficient since we like you have to view/subscribe to this sub-forum. Many of us do since it's named for it's function but it may be overlooked briefly at times.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom