Finger Spools - Hi Visibility Yellow Line - 3 Sizes - $16 Each - FREE Shipping!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just ordered 2 of the 160 footers with the white line. Have cavern course next weekend and look forward to getting to use them.

Chris

Got my order yesterday, took about a week total to Alaska with a weekend in the mix. Good service. They look nice, got two 65', spooled off 1, and split the other line between the 2. Going to be used to send up a sausage from a 15' safety stop. Only problem I found was the inside edge of both was kind of sharp. It wouldn't cut my hand last night,(my hands are pretty callused) but was worried about water softened situation. 5 minutes work with a Dremel and they are just fine. Might be something folks would want to check.

akbpilot:
Got my order yesterday, took about a week total to Alaska with a weekend in the mix. Good service. They look nice, got two 65', spooled off 1, and split the other line between the 2. Going to be used to send up a sausage from a 15' safety stop. Only problem I found was the inside edge of both was kind of sharp. It wouldn't cut my hand last night,(my hands are pretty callused) but was worried about water softened situation. 5 minutes work with a Dremel and they are just fine. Might be something folks would want to check.

I would love to know exactly where you felt you needed to us the Dremel tool to remove a sharp edge. If you can provide a picture, that would be great. This is the first complaint of this type I have heard. Is it something you want to return? If so, simply give me a call. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

PhilEllis:
I would love to know exactly where you felt you needed to us the Dremel tool to remove a sharp edge. If you can provide a picture, that would be great. This is the first complaint of this type I have heard. Is it something you want to return? If so, simply give me a call. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

No, no need to return. They are just fine now. I hope you didn't take what I said as a complaint, it would take more then a little sharp edge for me to complain, especially at the price these were offered (exact same or darn similar spool at my nearest LDS $44.00, and no it wasn't a Diverite or OMS) I meant it more as an observation and a heads up to folks.

I'll try to describe. On the two rims of the spool, the inside of the rims on both spools wasn't radiused. The outside of each rim had a nice rounded radius to it,smooth.The the inside wasn't rounded at all just a 90 degree. Felt sharp to me. Just the way it was finished off I guess, quick pass with a sanding disk on a Dremel took the edge off. Could have accomplished the same thing with some sandpaper or a file, but I got a new cordless Dremel for Christmas that was just itching to be used.
I could try to take a pic tonight when I get home and e-mail it to you if you like showing the area where I sanded. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail.

By the way, good on you for showing an interest and responding. Where I live I'm not used to having a retailer of any sort show an interest in anything except taking my money with the least outlay of effort possible.

Just got the spools today, they are very nice and although the inner edge is not rounded, mine are by no means sharp, I even ran them across my fingertip with quite a bit of force and they did not cut at all. Very happy with this purchase.

Chris

PM sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom