Fingers crossed for flights to Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canada is also on the list Rob!

I can't get from the US (NY) to Canada to get on a plane as the US/Canada border is closed for travel between....

my cancelled trip has left me with AirCanada vouchers. I'm already in the hole with those three tickets, so I'm not purchasing US carrier tickets too... (especially with a single income household now that the pandemic has put the wife out of a job for the last 6 months).

I just saw that too. I read someone called AA and said flights are starting Dec 2 but it's sold out!
Not sure about FL but I do see United flights to CUR from NYC next month and Jetblue starting in Dec. I see from a BON post that the government is looking at opening more airspace soon with CUR being a priority. I am sure they are looking at what CUR is doing with the US and opening by State.

I can't get from the US (NY) to Canada to get on a plane as the US/Canada border is closed for travel between....

my cancelled trip has left me with AirCanada vouchers. I'm already in the hole with those three tickets, so I'm not purchasing US carrier tickets too... (especially with a single income household now that the pandemic has put the wife out of a job for the last 6 months).
So sorry to hear that. Would love to see you all down here again if not just a break from this insanity!

So sorry to hear that. Would love to see you all down here again if not just a break from this insanity!

If you think it’s insane now, wait a few weeks until after the travelers arrive. It will seem like “the quiet before the storm” wasn’t so bad.

Look what I just found!

Attachments

• 121832939_2843092275970235_3751759830048027475_o.jpg
    121832939_2843092275970235_3751759830048027475_o.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 143
We are looking into a Feb dive vacation to Curacao, but nervous about access to the island coupled with flights getting cancelled. How are businesses in the Westpunt area? Are restaurants up and running? Fingers crossed.

We are looking into a Feb dive vacation to Curacao, but nervous about access to the island coupled with flights getting cancelled. How are businesses in the Westpunt area? Are restaurants up and running? Fingers crossed.
It's very quiet on the island however we are still getting the Dutch tourists coming in. Right now it seems to be working with the PCR test done 72 hours in advance of travel which makes us feel better on the island. Sunshine i@ SOL foods is still up and running but as for the other places I'm not sure. I was up there for the first time in a while last week and it's definitely in need of some friendly faces like yours up there! Go West is still open but needs support. With the correct protocols in place and a sensible head this island is so ready for you eager divers!

:( I suppose we could talk Go West into calling us "quarantined" in there, but last I heard the flights are still in quantum flux. And I can't swing two weeks anyway.

:( I suppose we could talk Go West into calling us "quarantined" in there, but last I heard the flights are still in quantum flux. And I can't swing two weeks anyway.
You're not trying hard enough. I have been recommending to everyone to start coughing uncontrollably when they get to the front of the check in line here in Curacao and they will probably let you have to more weeks. Quarantine in Curacao or quarantine back home?!?!? Just sayin'!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom