finished my Rescue Diver class yesterday....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Culcuhain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
That class is the most rewarding and physically demanding class I have taken. I feel it has made me a better diver exponentially!

(and I got my Master Diver level too...)

That is all.... :-D

It was fun trying to find the unconscious diver while the DUI drysuit divers mucked it up. :wink: Great real world experience. We still found him.

I ended up ordering Pizza last night for some strange reason. :)

Congrat.s! I think the info. covered in Rescue is quite valuable, and once I took the class I could see why it was so recommended on this forum.

Richard.

That class is the most rewarding and physically demanding class I have taken. I feel it has made me a better diver exponentially!

(and I got my Master Diver level too...)

That is all.... :-D

Just curious, what did your class entail (i.e. how many class, pools, OW etc).

Just curious, what did your class entail (i.e. how many class, pools, OW etc).

We had one class for EFR/CPR.
We had one pool session.
We had 2 classroom sessions
We had 2 days in at the lake.

At the lake we practiced our skills that we learned and went over the scenarios and code words (Pizza=Help)(Call Domino's=Call 911).
The second day we actually did the rescue scenarios and an environmental dive. We also did one rescue with full exit and CPR(on a dummy).
For all the rescues we started out at the pavilion by our gear. Then our instructor would pop up somewhere (in the rescue area) and say (Pizza pizza) and we would have to assemble the rescue team, get to the dock and go out to do the rescue and also assist.

Congrats! The most difficult part of the Rescue class for me was doing it at Devils Den in Florida. It's a loooooong way down to the cavern carrying a 120 CF steel tank and all the gear at 59 years old!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom