Fire on safari boat Suzana in Egypt (Red Sea Aggressor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhm.. That's like Mc Donalds doesnt tell their franchise holders how to prepare a bigmac..

And regarding their over exceptional poor dealing with that whole issue and to keep it hush hush i sincerely hope this will backfire on them. I've made that BDE Tour on that boat almost exactly one year ago and given the quality service on board i would have never thought how bad things can turn out once something goes wrong. Especially as they cost you several hundred bucks more than most competitors.
Macdonalds does tell their franchisees how to make a Big Mac. We’re not discussing MacDonalds.

Aggressor Fleet always refuses to respond to public criticism, they may privately offer the passengers free nitrox. On their next trip. This is their past history, and it works for them.

I'll bet the average diver didn't know that.
I’d bet that too. I bet that still.

Nope, not buying that. They market these trips under their brand, and people recognize the brand name. They may share responsibility with the owner, but they are still responsible.
You may want them to be, but no court in the world will find them so. Regardless of how much you want it.

I had a very positive experience on Kona Aggressor when a hurricane interrupted our trip and we were put ashore early to shelter out the storm. Nowhere near the consequences of this fire, but all of our interaction with 'employees' of the charter were with the company that owns the yachts...which is not Aggressor.
Hmmmm. The only Aggressor boat that can be sued in a US court. Imagine that.

Remember, Aggressor Fleet is the franchise issuer and marketing/booking arm and 800 lb gorilla in liveaboard diving....

I'll bet the average diver didn't know that.

I knew this from the 1st Aggressor boat I took in 2016, the RSA I, of course, I'm not the average diver. I also knew that Frank was taking me on the Florida wreck trek on the Spree with my son in 2015. In Frank and Mel, I trust, not so much for Aggressor any longer.

Thanks DandyDon! I will do my best - I have the truth on my side and 17 other survivors with similar experiences...I hope we will bring about some serious safety changes for all divers.
Hi Ivy I just read your message on Scuba board regarding Aggressor and am
So sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend. I would like to give you some inside information on Aggressors dealings and would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me confidentially. My email ID is concerneddiver1947@gmail.com. I have details that will throw a lot of light on
Aggressors disrespect on safety or life. Please do get in touch with me.

Hi Ivy I just read your message on Scuba board regarding Aggressor and am
So sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend. I would like to give you some inside information on Aggressors dealings and would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me confidentially. My email ID is concerneddiver1947@gmail.com. I have details that will throw a lot of light on
Aggressors disrespect on safety or life. Please do get in touch with me.

You should tell us all here, otherwise, your motives do not look good.

I think the point is that the crew *should* have know about it because it's their business.
No worries and thank you for the kid gloves. :) I actually agree with your statement here.

What I was objecting to were statements of certainty that "the crew knew about the Conception" and then castigating them for inaction. Absent direct evidence, we don't KNOW what they knew or didn't know. Fine line between "should have known" and "they knew."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom