Fire on safari boat Suzana in Egypt (Red Sea Aggressor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, many thanks for your report.

I assume that your discussions with them were about smoke alarms etc. and escape procedures.
Did they mention anything about a night watch and do you know whether they did (or did not) have a night watch?

Cheers
Nick
I don't recall mention of a Night Watch

Do you happen to know if the arrangement between Aggressor and the boat owners is a franchise or a license? Franchising and licensing are different things. A franchisor has more control over a franchisee than a licensor does over a licensee. I have wondered before about what arrangement Aggressor uses. A licensor can generally require their licensee offer a certain level of quality, but not much beyond that.

I was on the RSA2 three weeks ago and I was told by our cruise director that the boat was a franchise and the owner also owned RSA1 and a few others.

On a seperate note, our cruise director and instructor were 100% aware of the conception tragedy but I am unsure if all of the rest of the crew on the boat knew.

between this and reports from the other aggressor boats, it really needs to be reiterated that the company does not do nearly enough oversight over their franchisees. the palau/rock island/kona trio are probably the only ones i would consider going on at this point, and only because of prior experience with their crew.

Here is a waterproof phone soft case that has clear plastic on both sides and can fit both iPhone & passport.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I should be able to wake up, grab the kit from end table, put over lanyard loop over my head and dash to the cabinet and grab the life jacket in a jiffy.

between this and reports from the other aggressor boats, it really needs to be reiterated that the company does not do nearly enough oversight over their franchisees.

Maybe the terms of the franchise or licensing agreement between Aggressor and their boat owners don't give Aggressor the power to exercise the kind of detailed oversight some of us have in mind. I'm sure Aggressor would like to micro-manage, but perhaps they can't.

I (just) sent you a PM to explain why your contact tactics, doing so publically but anonymously are flawed and perceived as suspicious - at least by some, including me. In a PM you should be able to reveal your identity and intent. If not, then, we'll good luck! I would not reply in that case.
Received your PM and have replied to you. Thanks.

I was on the RSA2 three weeks ago and I was told by our cruise director that the boat was a franchise and the owner also owned RSA1 and a few others (I believe the Maldives Aggressor was one of them but not 100% on that).

On a seperate note, our cruise director and instructor were 100% aware of the conception tragedy but I am unsure if all of the rest of the crew on the boat knew.

That's interesting to know. I met with Maciej, the co-owner of Maldives Aggressor 2 and Raja Ampat Aggressor when I was in Maldives Aggressor 2 last December. He was inspecting his boat then. He spoke in Indonesian to me as he has been in Indonesia for sometime and also owns a dive resort in Bali. He didn't mention about co-owning any of the Red Sea Aggressors then.

That's interesting to know. I met with Maciej, the co-owner of Maldives Aggressor 2 and Raja Ampat Aggressor when I was in Maldives Aggressor 2 last December. He was inspecting his boat then. He spoke in Indonesian to me as he has been in Indonesia for sometime and also owns a dive resort in Bali. He didn't mention about co-owning any of the Red Sea Aggressors then.

I'm not 100% sure it was the Maldives Aggressor so I have taken it out of my comment. I think thats what she said but it was after a long day of diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom