Firmware 4.22 - Update Failure using Dive Organizer 2.20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naboodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone tried to update their Icon HD Net Ready computer firmware to 4.22 with Dive Organizer 2.20? I am getting a Device timeout when I try to initiate the firmware program. All looks good (computer is recognized by Dive Organizer and my PC as a device) as I prepare the firmware update. However, when I tell it to start the update, after showing it where the firmware file is located, the program looks for the device finds it but then shows the error " Device Timeout - greater than 60000 ms). At that point, Dive Organizer can no longer see the computer and says searching. If I unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in, the computer is seen again. I have tried this on two different computers. On Windows 10 the other Windows 8.1 with the same result. I am wandering if Dive Organizer 2.20 is the reason with bad update code. I can upload maps and pictures no problem to the Icon but I can't do a firmware update. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm going to try the firmware 4.22 upgrade later today. I need to fully charge the Icon - don't know if it matters but I feel better doing a firmware upgrade on a fully charged computer. I'll post later to let you know what happens. If I'm remembering correctly I used DO 2.2 to install firmware 4.20 and it worked. I'll get back in a couple of hours.

Thanks Kharon !! I recieved a replacement dive computer for my old Icon HD Net Ready from Mares. This one is a Icon HD Net Ready Black edition that came with 4.1 so this is my first update to the new computer. I updated firmware without issue on the old one many times. Not sure if the issue is the dive computer or if it is DO. Thanks for the help. Look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I'm not sure why. However, the downloaded 4.22 firmware is the exact same size as the 4.2 firmware. When I try to upgrade it asks if I want to overlay 4.2 with 4.2. I'm wondering if the 4.22 is really the 4.2 and the upgrade doesn't work if it's the same version. Something that Mares can answer. From another thread - it appears that this forum is no longer monitered so you need to submit a problem ticket on their site.

Kharon, Thanks for trying. Really nice of you. Yes. 4.22 is 4.2. I had tried to upgrade again to 4.1 (what is on the dive computer now) after the 4.22 failure to see if I would get a different result. Again with the same result and error as 4.22 install. I don't think it is an install of the same version problem. I think someone screwed up the code in DO. So I will wait for the next version of Dive Org to see if that changes things. I hope I did not screw up the computer with the upgrade attempt as I am heading to Bonaire on Saturday. If the next version of DO yields the same result, I will go to the site
What happened to Zak O'Hara? Is he not monitoring the site any longer? I did not see the thread that said the site was no longer being monitored.
Thanks again.

It looks like it's the DO. Do you need an earlier version of DO? I could email you 2.19 or maybe the site has the older versions. The upgrade failure hasn't seemed to affect the computer. Hope you have a great time on Bonaire. I totally love the island. Haven't found anywhere else that can mach it.

Kharon, Thanks for the offer of prior version of DO. I think I will just let it be as, I agree with you, the failure did not seem to harm the computer (at least that I can tell). I did leave a comment on the DO site describing the problem. Maybe someone will look at it.
Looking forward to the trip. I do Bonaire every year. As you said, the reefs and diving are incredible. Went to Utila in June and it was great (coral was amazing, even better than Bonaire) but the number of fish were much fewer compared to Bonaire. Ever destination has its strength and weakness. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks Kharon.. Just got back from Bonaire yesterday 11:30 pm. I will give it a try.

Has anyone tried to update their Icon HD Net Ready computer firmware to 4.22 with Dive Organizer 2.20? I am getting a Device timeout when I try to initiate the firmware program. All looks good (computer is recognized by Dive Organizer and my PC as a device) as I prepare the firmware update. However, when I tell it to start the update, after showing it where the firmware file is located, the program looks for the device finds it but then shows the error " Device Timeout - greater than 60000 ms). At that point, Dive Organizer can no longer see the computer and says searching. If I unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in, the computer is seen again. I have tried this on two different computers. On Windows 10 the other Windows 8.1 with the same result. I am wandering if Dive Organizer 2.20 is the reason with bad update code. I can upload maps and pictures no problem to the Icon but I can't do a firmware update. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help.

Which USB version are you using? If you're using a USB3 port (the blue one) then try USB2 and visa versa. I've seen strange things happen because of speed compatibility issues over USB as recently as a couple of months ago.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom