Firmware problem with my Petrel 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far, tried all the tricks suggested it, and no success. Keep getting bluetooth error' on the Petrel... :mad:

Tried the Shearwater cloud app on my tablet, seemed ok for a while, then while upgrading the tablet died on me ! ! ! :mad::mad::mad:

Enough for tonight... But to say I'm p..... is an understatement !!!

I've had trouble syncing both my petrels (petrel 1s) to my mac (2105 MacBook pro, OS 10.13.6) too. I found that starting the countdown on the petrel then connecting via the bluetooth preferences screen on the mac works, most of the time…

Snow Leopard, should be 1068

It sounds like you need to update more than your Petrel. You're running OS X 10.6, which was released in 2009!

It sounds like you need to update more than your Petrel. You're running OS X 10.6, which was released in 2009!

Sorry mate, but I fear that one is both irrelevant and utterly unhelpful. I'm not against cracking jokes, but this one doesn't help at all, not even to relieve the atmosphere.

Too all the members who tried to help, thanks a lot, but so far no luck. I'll try to find myself another android tablet and try the Shearwater cloud app once more.

I'm not cracking jokes. There's no reason to expect Shearwater or any other software provider to support a nine year old version of an OS. It might, if you're lucky, or it might not. It's certainly something to consider when troubleshooting a problem.

I still fail to see your point, since Shearwater desktop didn't get any new version since I bought my Petrel.

What is the last version of Shearwater Desktop known to work on your Mac? Your post implied that it did work at some point in the past.

v. 315

Tried again today on a Windows laptop : failed again ! :mad:

Dropped an email to Shearwater Tech. I'm utterly lost at sea...:confused:

Will let you know what they advise.

Back
Top Bottom