Firmware update ICON HD net ready V4.1 available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure - put up a new firmware, but take the download site offline so no one can download it!:shocked2:

Dear User,

The Media Database is down for maintenance due to hosting changes at the moment. Please try again tomorrow.
Once you see the usual login mask, everything's up and running again and you'll be able to work as usual.

In case you need urgent support please contact: b.gortan@diamonddogs.cc

I get a different message, something about a connection problem. I get all the way to the screen which gives me the .enc file and when I try to download that it tells me that the page cannot be found.

Doing the same thing for me this morning as well. Doesn't seem to matter which product or version of FW I try, they all act the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New and Bug fixes with 4.1

Firmware update Icon HD Net Ready 4.1 (October 2014)

Remember to download the latest firmware for your ICON HD!

With respect to 4.00, the following improvements have been implemented:

1. Fixed bug in logbook: if dive ended at 00 minutes, the wrong hour was shown.
2. Fixed bug in AMPM time visualization in the “+” field.
3. Fixed bug in dive planner where p fact and alt settings were not correctly accounted for.
4. Fixed bug in surfacing mode: sometimes Icon showed the regular dive display after the dive instead of the 3-minute surfacing display.
5. Fixed bug in dive profile display in the logbook: wrong MOD representation in 21% nitrox.
6. Added “OFF” as option in RUNAWAY DECO alarm
7. Doubled the thickness of inhaled ppN2 segment in tissue saturation graph.
8. Aligned battery charge reading between upper right corner and center field during charge process.

Oops... Edit: Just realized this is the data Z linked too. Oh well for the lazy here it is anyway.

---------- Post added October 14th, 2014 at 07:33 PM ----------

Zoranb. Have you had any issues with your Transmitter and computer not talking? See my post on the other thread on firmware 4.0.

Head site is back up and running and you can donwload the v4.1 fw for icon.

Z

Yup, works for me now. Downloaded and installed - and fixed the bugs I previously reported. :)

However, now there seems to be a problem with the timezone setting. Not sure if this also happened in 4.0 or is a result of the bug fixes in 4.1. :(

Problem is that the timezone setting will be set to my local zone which currently is "GMT-6". I then set my local time. So far so good. Now in a few weeks we'll lose daylight saving time and set the clocks back one hour. Just change the timezone setting to "GMT-7", right? Nope, what happens is that the system subtracts 7 hours from the current clock setting (or however many hours are shown in the timezone field prior to hitting the back button.)

The number shown in the timezone field has nothing to do with your GMT offset despite what the label indicates. It is simply a value to be added or subtracted to the current time. So in the spring I would set it to "GMT+1" and in the fall to "GMT-1" to move the clock forward and backward one hour respectively. Seems simpler to just change the hours setting on the set time screen...

The manual says "2.2.2.2. TIME This menu allows you to set the time format, time, date, time zone shift and wake-up alarm." Doesn't help a lot.

What I haven't had time to check yet is what values are sent to a PC when a log is downloaded. Local time only or GMT time plus TZ (in which case the problem gets worse since the GMT+/-1 example above now breaks logs)

@all
Not directly related, but Dive Organizer v2.17 is out. The biggest News is now you can delete the dives from the icon logbook :)

@Naboodiver
Even though the v3.07 solved most of the issues I had with the transmitter, I haven't had problems with the v4.0. Although, sometimes, the icon reports for a couple of seconds there's no signal from the transmitter, but it fixes itself in a couple of seconds. I presume, as the range is quite small (1.5 m), the icon looses the connection briefly due to the transmitter being behind my back on the 1st stage. Other than that I have no issues.
Make sure, though, that you use a fresh battery in the transmitter. Even a slightly depleted battery will reduce the transmitter range and prevent the connection.

@all
Not directly related, but Dive Organizer v2.17 is out. The biggest News is now you can delete the dives from the icon logbook :)

@Naboodiver
Even though the v3.07 solved most of the issues I had with the transmitter, I haven't had problems with the v4.0. Although, sometimes, the icon reports for a couple of seconds there's no signal from the transmitter, but it fixes itself in a couple of seconds. I presume, as the range is quite small (1.5 m), the icon looses the connection briefly due to the transmitter being behind my back on the 1st stage. Other than that I have no issues.
Make sure, though, that you use a fresh battery in the transmitter. Even a slightly depleted battery will reduce the transmitter range and prevent the connection.

Zoranb, I appreciate the response. Yes, I put a new battery in on the last day after the failure. I don't think that was the problem. It acted strangely after the new battery was installed as well. The next day after a successful test of the new battery and re-pairing the night before, the psi did not display at first but finally did after say 10 min. and worked throughout the last dive. I don't know what to think as further testing was not in the cards as it was time to fly back the next afternoon. It is just frustrating that this computer and transmitter equipment is not fully reliable every dive. I have yet to finish a dive vacation without a problem, but at least it worked this year at Bonaire until the 14th of 15 total dives. Last year, it failure after two dives. Talked to one of the divemasters and she said she was not a big fan of air integration because they are so unreliable. My friend who has a Scuba pro Galileo Sol was never had a problem and gives me grief for buying the Icon on every trip. This computer has so much going for it but air integration is its weakness.

However, now there seems to be a problem with the timezone setting. Not sure if this also happened in 4.0 or is a result of the bug fixes in 4.1. :(

Problem is that the timezone setting will be set to my local zone which currently is "GMT-6". I then set my local time. So far so good. Now in a few weeks we'll lose daylight saving time and set the clocks back one hour. Just change the timezone setting to "GMT-7", right? Nope, what happens is that the system subtracts 7 hours from the current clock setting (or however many hours are shown in the timezone field prior to hitting the back button.)

The number shown in the timezone field has nothing to do with your GMT offset despite what the label indicates. It is simply a value to be added or subtracted to the current time. So in the spring I would set it to "GMT+1" and in the fall to "GMT-1" to move the clock forward and backward one hour respectively. Seems simpler to just change the hours setting on the set time screen...

The manual says "2.2.2.2. TIME This menu allows you to set the time format, time, date, time zone shift and wake-up alarm." Doesn't help a lot.

What I haven't had time to check yet is what values are sent to a PC when a log is downloaded. Local time only or GMT time plus TZ (in which case the problem gets worse since the GMT+/-1 example above now breaks logs)
I noticed this also with 4.0, so it's not a new bug.

HTH,

Lionel

Back
Top Bottom