Firmware update ICON HD net ready V4.1 available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. I downloaded firmware 4.1 file from Mares, opened this file with Mares PC software, then appears downloading window. Now on this window is written - PLEASE REPROGRAM THE DEVICE. Does it mean that something going wrong duiring firmware update process? That should I do - push START icon again or push STOP icon and disconnect device? I can not find information about next steps and affraid to disconnect.

I've only updated the firmware through the DiveOrganizer. Is that what you are calling Mares PC software? Under your circumstances I'd call Mares USA. I wouldn't want to brick the Icon.

Yes. Dive organizer.I found out that is neccessary to instal drivers for PC.

The problem I see is whether or not the Icon will still function if you break off the session. If it will, you can re-try the firmware update. BUT if the Icon firmware has been overwritten to the point it won't self-boot ... At that point I believe only the factory could restore it to life.

If it's still connected and you are still in DO I would try the firmware update again. If you have disconnected and the Icon functions - same thing - try again. If the Icon doesn't boot contact Mares USA and see if there is anything thay can do.

From a computer/systems point of view (I was a prog/anal) is sounds like the update was interupted, didn't complete, or was corrupted. The only hope (IMO) is to be able to re-start the upgrade from the beginning and hope it completes.

Good Luck. I am sorry for your plight. I love my Icon - Mares has been very good to me - more than fair - generous. If you can't complete the update I'm certain they will help if at all possible.

When the OS of a computer - any computer - gets totally borked you need an input device to do a full install from and the full OS installation software on that device. Dive computers are not as easy as desktops.

I just picked-up the ICON HD and updating firmware. It appears that 4.2 is available. I'm updating via Dive Organizer and it's taking a very long time... it's on the last 1/100 of the green bar and been stuck there for 10 minutes now with "Device programming in progress..." in the status box.

Does it take this long to update firmware on this thing?

Thanks in advance!

I just picked-up the ICON HD and updating firmware. It appears that 4.2 is available. I'm updating via Dive Organizer and it's taking a very long time... it's on the last 1/100 of the green bar and been stuck there for 10 minutes now with "Device programming in progress..." in the status box.

Does it take this long to update firmware on this thing?

Thanks in advance!

Be patient. With any computer (PC's included) you can never tell how long an update will take. I prefer caution. On every update, I get it started and walk away. Don't even check it for a couple of hours. What's the rush. Are you headed out the door to dive. I'd always ratehr wait than be impatient, break a critical connection at the wrong time, and end up with a doorstop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom