First Aid/CPR Poll

For cert. (non working pro) divers:

• My First Aid/CPR certification is current.

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • My First Aid/CPR certification has expired.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I have never taken First Aid/CPR.

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Studying your former materials is a good proactive habit to maintain. However, standards, practices, and procedures change fairly frequently, which is why it important to recert every two years. Like a few others, the army requires my BLS & ACLS, which helps to keep me honest.

I also have to keep mine current through my work.

I had to check, results not so good: CPR/AED timed out this May, Wilderness and Remote FA timed out this June. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm an EMT and a CPR/AED/FA instructor, as well as a TEMS instructor. Have to be current to teach, but always stayed current because is a good thing to know.

In theory work should keep me current, but somehow the let me lapse for over a dozen years. I recently got reverted on my own in perpetration of taking a Stress and Rescue class.

Also required with work and after almost 30 years of CPR refresher courses, my biggest problem is remembering the latest changes vs muscle/brain memory of the old recommendations. I'm sure aging isn't helping the memory either!

I am a former ski patroller, so I enrolled as an alumni with the National Ski Patrol which allows me to participate in their annual 12 hour refresher for their first aid program and pick up the professional version of CPR. Their first aid class is similar to the old EMT-A program in length and course.

I'm current although my vote is a little skewed since I'm a First Aid, CPR and O2 instructor.

Current here with EFR. Prior to that I was current always with Red Cross. I let Red Cross lapse when I was certified through EFR.

Just a habit I got into as a Boy Scout and I'd still rather be prepared (for lack of better terms) than not in an emergency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom