First Aid/CPR Poll

For cert. (non working pro) divers:

• My First Aid/CPR certification is current.

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • My First Aid/CPR certification has expired.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I have never taken First Aid/CPR.

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Volunteer fireman - CPR refresher happens every 2 years - we bring in house an instructor and all the members have access to the refresher class and if you take it you get your cert. I keep it current not because of diving but because it is a good idea for me with Family and friends...

Studying your former materials is a good proactive habit to maintain. However, standards, practices, and procedures change fairly frequently, which is why it important to recert every two years. Like a few others, the army requires my BLS & ACLS, which helps to keep me honest.

Right, stuff changes frequently. I once posed the question why? You'd think that enough data has been collected over the decades we've had computers to declare what the best way is. Ei. CPR before or after rescue breaths?, 30:2 or 15:2?, same for children or different? But that's an old thread.

Current on CPR/AED and oxygen provider. Will look at winter date to refresh EFR

I volunteered to scrape fish poop at the local aquarium, and they required it. The instructor talked me into the O2 class.

Back
Top Bottom