• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

First Analyzer

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by WVUdiver1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. WVUdiver1

WVUdiver1 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I am looking into getting my first O2 analyzer and was wondering if there are any that I should stay away from.

I have been looking at Oxycheq and the new Divesoft Solo analyzer. My plan is to get into trimix dives in the next 5 years, so I have been thinking of getting an analyzer that does both O2 and He from the beginning and not have to buy another one later down the road.

Dark Wolf likes this.
  2. Caveeagle

Caveeagle Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I would hold off on getting the He analyzer until you actually need it. A lot can change in 5 years!

If you are handy with a soldering iron, grab that el cheapo kit and run with it!

Jcp2 likes this.
  3. KenGordon

KenGordon Rebreather Pilot

A trimix analyser is a big, expensive thing. I always take by small, cheapish Analox O2 with me wherever I dive, on the boat etc, only taking my trimix one if diving trimix and then only if we are getting fills on the boat.

BTW Analysers have consumables, the O2 sensor lasts two or three years. They are a significant fraction of the cost.

4. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    buy the 10 turn pot option

Caveeagle likes this.
  5. ATJ

ATJ Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I've made this one: O2 Analyser It was very easy.

Actually. I've made three. Two for a friend and one for myself.

Caveeagle likes this.