First dive in Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy, I'd go with what Eandiver said. with emphasis on the further out the better. Thats both for less boats and better vis'.

N@rco$i$:
Happy, I'd go with what Eandiver said. with emphasis on the further out the better. Thats both for less boats and better vis'.

Thanks. BTW, what is the visibility? And can you confirm the "low to mid 70s" that one of the other posters stated? I don't have the equipment for temps like that and will probably have to go out and buy more neoprene.

I was out two tuesday's ago and the vis was 30 to 40 feet about 10 miles out. checking my dive computer, Water was 79 degrees but my deepest depth that day was only 46 feet. The vis has probably come down since then and my guess is the temps are at the same or higher now. I just read a post about the Sheridan which is about 25-30 miles offshore. Vis was much better and from what I hear, vis usually is better out further. Probably a little colder though.

HappyFunBoater:
OK, one last question. Assuming that we do dive this weekend, are there any PADI instructors out there that can do a specialty certification for my buddy and I? We haven't figured out which one we want to do yet, but I assumed that it will be 3-4 dives. We're flexible.

BTW, we're trying to get our Master Diver certification this summer. Am I correct in assuming that we can get our specialty certifications from different instructors?

Thanks.

As long as you have Rescue, 5 specialties, and 50 dives it doesn't matter when or where you did the specialties.

You may want to post a seperate thread here or in the instructors area if your looking for an instructor.

frogman_5:
... And they're so friendly when they find out you're divers!
:lol:

Frogman_5 speaks from experience....

Perhaps you want to hang some decoy fishing rods from your boat. When they ask if you are going to dive, tell them yes, but only to look for the best place to cast...

They'll be scratching their heads and looking for another beer for hours after that

CoolTech:
:lol:

Frogman_5 speaks from experience....

Perhaps you want to hang some decoy fishing rods from your boat. When they ask if you are going to dive, tell them yes, but only to look for the best place to cast...

They'll be scratching their heads and looking for another beer for hours after that

I'm going to do that , I like it.:evil:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom