First Dive on new wreck in Nanaimo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, how long should I figure to get from Seattle to Nanaimo? What's the best / fastest route? Just trying to figure out the logistics for a 1 night stay, could I leave Saturday morning, be in Nanaimo for an afternoon dive, and then return Sunday?

I'd love to check out the wreck, but it just seems like it would be a bit hecktic of a trip if I can only get away for 1 night.

Thanks,
Jason

JasonH20:
Just curious, how long should I figure to get from Seattle to Nanaimo? What's the best / fastest route? Just trying to figure out the logistics for a 1 night stay, could I leave Saturday morning, be in Nanaimo for an afternoon dive, and then return Sunday?

I'd love to check out the wreck, but it just seems like it would be a bit hecktic of a trip if I can only get away for 1 night.

Thanks,
Jason
Seattle to the ferry 2.5 hours with no border problems. Bring passports.
Ferry to Duke Point 2.0 hours

You may be able to find a charter to take you in out in the afternoon. The next day you can do a two dive trip and still make a 3:00 pm ferry. If you go in the summer make resevations for the ferries.

There are a couple routes to Nanaimo depending on how much driving and sailing you want to do.

Washington State Ferries has a route from Anacortes to Sidney, which is just north of Victoria. From Victoria you can drive up to Nanaimo which takes ~2 hours.

There is a ferry called the M.V. Coho which travels between Victoria and Port Angeles. Once again it is a 2 hour drive to Nanaimo.

The fastest route would likely be to drive to Tsawwassen (south of Vancouver) and take a ferry directly to Nanaimo. This ferry is ~2 hours.

Yup. Take the Tsawassen to Duke Point Ferry. It's just a bit cheaper and only about 10 minutes out of town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom