• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

First dive trip.

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by hawk2, Feb 20, 2005.

1. hawk2

hawk2 Angel Fish

Hey i am going to cuba in 4 weeks and this will be my first dive trip / vacation, we will be going to the bay of pigs, does anyone have any hints or sugestions on how i can make this a better trip. and is a camera a good thing to bring for the diving? does anyone know of a camera (digital would be nice) thats both good on land on in the water but not too costly?

2. cmcarver

cmcarver Nassau Grouper

Can't say much about diving in Cuba but for the camera I just got a Canon S70. It is a 7.1 megapixel camera that has an optional underwater housing rated to 130'. Haven't had a chance to use it under water yet but the pictures are great for what I have used it for. It even allows for 30 seconds of high quaility video or 3 minutes at a lower quality. Not to mention it will focus as close as 4 inches away, that mixed with the 7.1mp photos means you can get really sharp photos of some very small subjects. The camera goes for about $400 online and the housing is about $150. I hear the S50 and S60 by canon are also good and have underwater housings for even less