First dive with Olympus F/2.8 60mm macro lens on Olympus E-PM1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gustele

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Apparently my post was rolled back because of the data corruption, so this is the second time I am posting this.
Last weekend I was able to take my new Olympus 60mm macro lens with me under water for the first time. I had already experimented with the lens topside but was looking forward to the results under less optimal conditions. The lens was mounted on my Olympus E-PM1 and housed in the Olympus housing (without the leds) with the standard port. It fits nicely in that port and touches almost the front glass. I took my Fisheye focus light with me because I had read about focusing problems under low light conditions. I had to use the focus light only once to get good focus. In all other cases the available light was sufficient. The lens focuses fast and together with the responsiveness of the shutter it is possible to get close-by shots of moving objects like fish.
The sharpness is far better than with the kit lens. All in all I am very happy with these first results. But check for yourself. I placed a selection of my pictures in my gallery.
All pictures are made with the camera on full manual. I used 1/160 sec with an aperture of F/11; lighting came from a single S&S YS-110a strobe.

Nice work, I love the 60mm macro.. Great detail on the blue-striped grunt photo - Scott

nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom