First Diving Suit for Northern New England Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI doesn't offer any more discount than what others offer. You are focusing on only one thing not the whole pictures. I have also said that there were no quality control issues with the suits at all even with the heavy use in rental and the abuse they get.
They all charge to much, are you inferring others have quality issues? Did you miss out on the porous fabric period? Buy what you like but go in with eyes wide open, it’s probably easier to deal with rip off prices if you knowingly choose that option over the not recognized brand.

Yes, it is a worldwide conspiracy by the Illuminati.

I am talking about DUI here, they are an outstanding company.
Next time you want to toss out thousands of $$$$ for no good reason send me a bag of $20’s, I can use them to start a fire when it gets cold at night.

Next time you want to toss out thousands of $$$$ for no good reason send me a bag of $20’s, I can use them to start a fire when it gets cold at night.

I'll send you Chinese sheet, I am sure that will keep you happy while watching our economy go down and people are out of work.

I have had nothing but exceptional great experience with DUI and they make excellent suits to fit all budgets and they are made in the great US of A and use US citizens in their company and factory and pay taxes in CA.

Given the cost of drysuits, along with my inexperience, I think the compromise I will be making will be buying used. I just did a quick search on eBay, just for a reference point. There appear to be an abundance of used suits out there.

That being said, I imagine the large disparities in the prices of new suits will be evened out somewhat in the used market. The costs of even very expensive suits, like DUI, are tamped down in the used market.

So my working list of worthy used contenders at this point is:

DUI
Bare
USiA
Seasoft

Should I add any more?

Thank you.

Given the cost of drysuits, along with my inexperience, I think the compromise I will be making will be buying used. I just did a quick search on eBay, just for a reference point. There appear to be an abundance of used suits out there.

That being said, I imagine the large disparities in the prices of new suits will be evened out somewhat in the used market. The costs of even very expensive suits, like DUI, are tamped down in the used market.

DUI
Bare
USiA
Seasoft

Should I add any more?

Thank you.

ABYSS DIVING SUITS

DUI
Bare
USiA
Seasoft

Should I add any more?

Thank you.

If you’re looking at buying used, check with your local dive shops. Sometimes they will have used suits for sale, maybe suits on consignment, or know folks who might be selling theirs.

You stand a better chance getting something used in good shape here than ebay.

You stand a better chance getting something used in good shape here than ebay.

Totally agreed, Marie. I wouldn't even consider an ebay purchase since I am so new to this, I just wanted a peek at what is out there used.

Back
Top Bottom