First Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a fusion bullet with aircore and I love it! Your dive shop can size you or online there's pretty good chart. I'm 5'10 180 and I have a large. Fits great even with thick thermals! Full disclosure, this is the only drysuit I've owned but it's fantastic!

I've not seen any Santi Seam issues. They did have an issue with Zippers, but that was TiZips fault, not Santi...and they covered the issues. We did see some issues where neck systems weren't prepped properly, and would come out, but that was rectified a couple years ago. We are a large Santi Dealer and repair center, so we've sold a lot and serviced alot. They probably have the best seams, they use escalator glue, and good rubber tape to seal up the suits.

Ursuit had issues mainly on there breathable suit, and the 4th Element they built for them. They too, fixed those issues and are running solid now. They mainly use Melco tape for their seams. We are also a large Ursuit dealer, and repair center, so we have lots of experience on how they come and go.

Rofos - Love the fit, wont' do custom sizing though, but will do a couple mods. Their suits are really nice, and the cut is good as long as your more athletic. They also use mainly melco tape for the seams. Have had zero issues, with Rofos, but we don't sell as many in the US to have the same quantity/quality perspective as the others above. We might be the only ones selling Rofos in the US, other than the UTD brand which is rebranded Rofos.

Issues with suits is why we offer a lifetime warranty, that covers everything that can go wrong with a suit. I'm not sure if anyone else offers such a thing, but with our large repair center, it allows us to do that. Most suits will never have an issue outside of normal maintenance (seals, zipper, occasional hole) which our warranty covers, but it also covers seams, boots, and everything else. I would ask your shop if they offer one when purchasing a suit, and go for it for the piece of mind if they do. Again, most suits will have no major issues, and if they do, the manufacturer will stand behind it. That doesn't mean your dealer will push the issue to get it fixed, or have the influence to ensure your taken care of, but we never have any issues when it's needed...although, most manufacturers have us do the repairs anyway :wink:

Buying the right suit, from the right place, with the right fit and features for YOU is crucial. That is why we sell almost all brands, so we can help you find the perfect suit for you vs. the 1 or 2 brands most other shops push.

@DRIS: It's great that you can be a customer advocate.

I dive a fusion bullet with aircore and I love it! Your dive shop can size you or online there's pretty good chart. I'm 5'10 180 and I have a large. Fits great even with thick thermals! Full disclosure, this is the only drysuit I've owned but it's fantastic!

What is the coldest temp you've used your fusion in? I would you use it for water below 35F? I assume you could as long as you had enough layers and room in your suit for them.

I've been down to 42, and your right it's all about the thermals, socks, and gloves, Be sure the rest of your equipment can handle to cold water as well!

The only thing that gets cold it my cheeks but a full face mask will soon take care of that!!

I've been down to 42, and your right it's all about the thermals, socks, and gloves, Be sure the rest of your equipment can handle to cold water as well!

The only thing that gets cold it my cheeks but a full face mask will soon take care of that!!

Good to know. I've been to 42 in just a 7mm Henderson with hood, and gloves and it wasn't too bad. My equipment is otherwise cold water rated, sealed 1st stage, just wasn't sure how the fusion would compare to some other more expensive suits out there.

I don't handle the cold well, and I was very warm with it, but..it's not the fusion that kept me warm it was the thermals, insulated socks and gloves. I've been that tempurture in a 7mm...not for me haha

Hello, first post here

I am considering bidding on a couple of ebay auctions for brand new Whites fusion suits (one is a "tactical")
I am male,175cm tall, slim and weigh 73kg
Looking at the size chart it would seem a small/med suit would fit (unless anyone would recommend otherwise)??
But I am unable to find foot sizing(?)
I'm a US12
Would I fit into a small/med?

thanks!

@construct - Personally I think you're taking a bit of a risk buying online if you've never been fitted for a drysuit. And it's unlikely that a small or medium drysuit will have socks or boots large enough for size 12.

Hello, first post here

I am considering bidding on a couple of ebay auctions for brand new Whites fusion suits (one is a "tactical")
I am male,175cm tall, slim and weigh 73kg
Looking at the size chart it would seem a small/med suit would fit (unless anyone would recommend otherwise)??
But I am unable to find foot sizing(?)
I'm a US12
Would I fit into a small/med?

thanks!

I am 178cm, weight 75kg
And I have a Whites Fusion L/XL.
I think that with the small/med size you would be a bit restricted in movements because of the height.
But better get a try first on both sizes, if you can find them available for trying in a shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom