First Liveaboard - tips for diving with Prodive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

will be on my first Liveaboard this November. Planning to do my AOW & Nitrox onboard with Prodive. Any tips?

Thanks

Not used prodive but some good hints.
  • Be nice, we may have a thing around us that we trash talk all the time but we dont.
  • Wear sunscreen your coming in november its going to be VERY warm so this leads to my next point.
  • DRINK LOTS OF WATER and i dont mean a small amount i mean alot as a example in summer i go through 10 liters of water a day to help in summer to avoid dehydrating myself.
  • Enjoy yourself, this may seem odd but your coming to a far away place that you may only visit once or twice.
  • Keep some of the money, keep a few notes and coins i have 2 us dollar notes i keep from that a friend gave me and having a diffrent currecny to your own can be a topic starter and you can pull some neat tricks like putting a 20 doller note under water without issue.
  • Try the local drinks, you will be amazed at what there is here.
I think thats all the tips i have for now if you want some more dont be scared to ask.

I did my AOW and Nitrox with Prodive. Its basic but for a couple of nights it is fine. Good crew and staff. My fellow passengers (and room mate) were good. Had a lot of fun on reasonable dive sites and on board. Did 4 nitrox dives. Probably could have done more but was not able to watch the required video until later so it limited the Nitrox dives. Not a lot of space in the two bunk cabin so keep your gear to a minimum. As I recollect not much in the way of charging options in the cabin, but we survived.You need to bring a towel(s) but beyond that enjoy your time.

Back
Top Bottom