First look: New Olympus PT-045 & PT-047 Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a pretty nice little package. I got my wife the 8000 and housing for Christmas. I ordered an optic adapter from Jack for the SeaLife 960D strobe I already have, and it works very well in the underwater mode. The strobe will range from overexposed on the hot side to underexposed on cool side, so really good range.

Pretty soon she will be taking better pictures than me..

We also got a ContourHD1080P and UW housing. Can't wait to try that out as well.

m sorry I was given a case PT-047, but I have a TOUGH 8000, I can use, what are the difference with the PT-045? A first analysis seems that everything goes well (controls, focus, goal), I can tell any difference by

I'm considering either the T6000 or the T8000. Is there any significant difference between the two to justify the extra $100?

Hi!
I have Tough 8000 and can't find anywhere PT-045 to buy, but can I buy PT-047 instead, because they look quite similar? Or it wouldn't fit?
Thanks!

Call the guys at Reef Photo. I bet they can tell you if it will fit. They have been very helpful to me with my purchases. Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

I have an Ikelite housing on my 8000 and my only gripe is placement of the buttons makes it hard to operate with thick gloves. I don't know if the Olympus would be better.

Thanks! But they neither have 45 or 47, i've checked:(

Thanks! But Ulrika used 47 for 8000 it went perfectly well:) So I'll do the same:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom