First ocean open water, so disappointed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent! The Yucatan & Costa Maya have great diving - just went there in December. There can also be current, but sounds like you now have experience & confidence with that.

I have almost 15 years and 100+ dives (mostly Monterey/Carmel), but this past December in Cancun & Playa del Carmen was my first drift diving. After getting over the anxiety of dealing with the current, its actually very relaxing diving - just get down and go with the flow. I hope you have a great time.

Now you know why the masses who got their OW training in tropical resort areas think divers who wade out through the chilly surf of California are tough as nails or crazy or both.

Now you know why the masses who got their OW training in tropical resort areas think divers who wade out through the chilly surf of California are tough as nails or crazy or both.
I would suggest both- similar to divers here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom