First of Three parts, a new PADI diver in progress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
PROUD Papa HERE

Well I woke up early on Saturday morning to drive over and pick up Zellet from his mothers house and take him to his Classroom portion of the training, we jointly decided a Saturday class would work best.

I arrived to greet Zellet and asked for all his papers that he needed, the medical release, knowledge reviews,ect.. all was in order but his knowledge reviews were not finished, I was thinking "OK this is not good as he said he did them" oh well to late to rescheadule class...

Arrived to find that Zellet was not the only one with that problem but has until next weekend at the POOL session to get it done so they could go into the POOL.

There were 4 other individuals in his class though Zellet was the youngest, I wished him luck and gave a quick pep talk to everyone asked when lunch break was and nervously left him in the hands of his instructor.

For the next four hours I was doing our other hobby www.geocaching.com and was having lousy satilite Karma as I couldn't find anything but oh well I was busy and not thinking about how if Zellet said he did his knowledge reviews did he really watch the videos and read everything...

I arrived back at noon for the lunch break

They had finished the section 3 quiz and review I could hear Zellet ask about missing three questions and failing:(, but he had missed a total of 3 and not 3 on this quiz alone, WOW He did read and understand the manual!!!!!!!

We went to the local burger joint for lunch and still had 45 minutes to return so went to the local game shop where I continued to notice that I should have paid more attention when Pong and Space Invaders were in the Arcade as I lost every game...we talked very little about diving..

I then went home and took a nap as the instructor said it would be about 3 hours until the class would be finished....

After 4 hours Zellet came out of the classroom test in hand, it was another half hour as he still needed to do some extra Pressure group problems but over all only missed 7 questions on the final test...

I have never been so relieved

The toughest hurdle has been passed as Next week he'll do the pool work,then the checkout dives... that will be interesting stay tuned...

Pictures to follow :)

:bounce::bounce::bounce:bounce:

Back
Top Bottom