First post, first post-cert dive. Fiasco. Lessons learned from a comedy of errors.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had fun today. We will do this again. I love diving with fish geeks . . .

Hey guys. Long time no post. I thought some of you might be interested in the events that followed my messy first attempt.

After an incredibly busy couple months, I was finally able to take TSandM up on her offer for a dive.

The first attempt managed to get screwed again by my inflator (servicing wasn't enough apparently, so we replaced it), but we still managed to do a weight check and get things moving in the right direction.

However, this morning's attempt finally gave me a successful introduction to Puget Sound diving! 28 minutes in Alki Cove 2. A bit chilly (and wobbly) but an overall victory! Saw some squid eggs and a gorgeous little Oligocottus down there too!

Of course, I need to give a HUGE thanks to TSandM for all of the help—I think I got almost as much from picking your brain on the surface as I did diving with you!

So in summary: I'm still a total n00b, but I'm a n00b happily moving in the right direction. My way forward is simple: dive dive dive!

It looks like I have about 10 weeks to practice in the Sound, and I want to be underwater every moment I can. The goal is to dive at least once a week, more if I can pull it off.

Seattle-area divers with cars and the patience to deal with me... Hit me up? :D if it's humanly possible for me to squeeze a dive in, I'll work with you.

Congratulations ... you couldn't have found a better mentor.

I don't know how I missed this thread when you first posted it ... but awesome first post! I know exactly why TSandM wanted to take you diving ... if you haven't yet you need to read her blog from her OW class. You'll find in it a lot of complementary themes to your first post. All I can say is "welcome to Puget Sound" ... and drop me a line sometime ... let's go diving. With some practice, you'll turn out fine ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm necroposting this for what I think is quite a good reason. This weekend, I finally achieved a GUE Fundamentals recreational pass. This happened largely because Lynne inspired me to do so, from my experiences with her as a new diver. She set me down an excellent path; I hope to pay it forward one day.

Lynne, thank you. You are greatly missed.

I'm necroposting this for what I think is quite a good reason. This weekend, I finally achieved a GUE Fundamentals recreational pass. This happened largely because Lynne inspired me to do so, from my experiences with her as a new diver. She set me down an excellent path; I hope to pay it forward one day.

I joined this board after she passed. It is a sad regret for me that I never got to interact with her.

It's very rare on boards like this to have someone's presence persist for so long after they are gone, in such an uncompromisingly positive way.

I think paying it forward would have made her very happy indeed.

Yeah. I sent her one PM ever, but she had already left for that last trip.

I would have loved to made it out to Seattle last weekend but had to bail due to a sinus infection.

congrats on the pass and glad that you revived this story...It must have been great to meet her in person.

I joined this board after she passed. It is a sad regret for me that I never got to interact with her.

It's very rare on boards like this to have someone's presence persist for so long after they are gone, in such an uncompromisingly positive way.

I think paying it forward would have made her very happy indeed.

well said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom