First post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seacook

Registered
Reaction score
I am not a diver although, when I was younger, I dreamed of it often. The closest I ever came to diving was when my friend stood on top of my head when I tried to help her from drowning. I'm glad that I didn't have any gear on tho as I had to bite her ankle so I could surface for air. My father was a life-long seafarer who sailed the world...first as a leading seaman with the Canadian Navy and his last years as chiefcook on different vessels and rigs. I journeyed the seas vicariously through him and his tales. ( Hence, son of a " seacook " - tho make that daughter.) I fear the sea ( I get seasick on the ferry) but I do love it, especially the Atlantic. I say that the waves here come straight from Scotland, land that I love. I only have to walk the shores here in Nova Scotia to be all at once near everything I love. Forgive me, I'll never dive, but I now can access the amazing pictures and stories of you who do.
I am a friend of the Harrington family and Daniel's wife. I joined the ScubaBoard to, somehow, be closer to them during this time.

welcome to the board, you should get certified...it is fun and won't be so scary once you're doing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom