First Regs - AL Core Supreme vs Apex XTX 40/50 vs Apex ATX40?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you need the extra HP port, 5th port conversion and turret then DST is the one. NO other Apeks 1st stage offer all of these incidentally.
DST(1st stage) is usually matched with XTX-50 while DS4 is with the 40 series.
Difference between 40 and 50 2nd stage is the manual adjusting screw.

Have been using the same DS4 with TX 50 since 1998 for rec and tec dives.

Put the smaller exhaust vents on your octo if it didn't come configured that way...

Please educate a noobie....what does this do for me? Does it make the octo easier to carry on a necklace holder?

Xtx50 is going to be everything you ever need.

That's a great purchase.

And an a secondary on a necklace is a whole different solution and configuration.

As a beginner just use the one configuration you're familiar with.

After you have some more experience you can then try a long hose or similar.

Please educate a noobie....what does this do for me? Does it make the octo easier to carry on a necklace holder?

Saves a bit of weight and bulk from a device that you will only be using in an emergency. I always run the narrow exhausts on my alternates/deco regs. Doesn't affect how it breathes at all.

Getting ready for a trip so I had them out.... here is a quick pic to show the differences. The middle one is my primary. Left is O2 and right is alternate.

Attachments

• h63ykOe.jpg
    h63ykOe.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 96
Great! Thank you

Ditto on the XTX50's. I've put 15 dives on mine and the initial use was a little odd since the breathe differently from the rental regs I was using but after that I haven't had any issues. I'm thinking I may have to spend some time breathing from the octo just to give it some use. I'm very happy with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom