First Solo Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone!

Well, I had my first solo dive last weekend. My divebuddy thought the water was too cold, so I decided to set out on my first solo dive.

It was fun... just took my time, meandered in no particular direction, and watched my depth and gauges carefully.

The only event to note was at the start of the dive... my mouthpiece came loose from my reg, but it was only at about 10', so I just finned up to the surface and got it squared away and resumed my dive.

I would have preferred to go diving with my buddy, but didn't want to miss out on a dive when he backed out.

Has anyone had a similar experience with their divebuddy?

Welcome to solo-community!:)
I guess most of us had first solo experience in similar situations when buddy either wasn't ready to dive or forgot important piece of equipment or something else. And usually I prefer to have somebody on the surface (like my wife) when I do deep or deco solos just in case....

That was pretty much my first solo experience. However, I had already been thinking about soloing and making preparations for it. I also had a lot more dives than you at the time. The only problem I see is that you should have been able to correct your problem underwater. What if you were at 30'? I've had the same thing happen to me. I just switched to my back up, corrected the problem, and continued the dive. I had a buddy on that dive. If you want to dive solo, make sure you can handle any problem you come across underwater. You might not have any other choice. Dive safe!

Divesafe but do have the fun of the solo experiance
just love it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom