• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

First stage hitting head with BP&wing

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by Kfay, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Kfay

Kfay Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I just got this rig a few days ago... When I was playing in the pool I noticed when I moved around the first stage hits my head (even with the crotch strap). It seems like with the twin-cam straps the whole rig wants to sit real low on the tank make the first stand and valve stick up higher. My concern in being whacked in the head during a backroll or giant stride. It seems like the solution to this issue is to get rid of the higher cam band and use a piece of 1" nylon safety strap going from STA around the tank valve for a fail-safe. I have a picture of my other BCD to show what height I dive with this at and never had an issue. Let me know any solutions you can think of or if you have the same issue. I am trying to avoid getting whacked in the head... Please view all images
    Imgur
    pjgi6VB.jpg
    7Prt2h4.jpg
    86MJywW.jpg
    tBXtvHR.jpg

2. Jcp2

Jcp2 Barracuda

TIghten crotch strap, loosen shoulder strap, rig sits lower?

RTC'83 likes this.
  3. Kfay

Kfay Angel Fish

I've done this briefly but it is still high unless I really crank down on the crotch strap. But when I do that I have a new problem... A string is riding up my a$$. I don't mind playing around with it some more, I am just fishing to see if anyone else has seen this and what they did to adjust/fix it.

4. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    You will have to change your hoses, but try inverting the first stage. That should give you another inch or so. You could also get a DIN conversion to shorten the length a bit.

shoredivr, icechip, KWS and 1 other person like this.
  5. wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Which BP/W? Depending on the manufacturer, some give you options of holes to adjust. If I'm not mistaken, Deep 6, has 3 positions. Xdeep has 2, Halcyon has 1. Yours is not of these 3.

6. Kfay

Kfay Angel Fish

DiveRite... only 2 slots no middle slot

7. Kfay

Kfay Angel Fish

What do you mean to change my hoses?

8. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

I was going to say that first stage looks massive, but it’s been two years since I used yoke.

9. Kfay

Kfay Angel Fish

Getting a set of din regs is the next piece of gear I will be adding... This is what I got for now :wink:

10. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    When you turn your first stage over, your regs will be on your left side and your spg will be on your right.

shoredivr and FreeFlyFreak like this.