First Time in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,
Sorry another one of those threads.

I am in Bali for a short time. Can someone recommend a LDS that they been to recently?

Also what are dive sites that I cannot miss? My wife and I are very advance and dive very frequently. We like unique things that would be unique to Bali.

We are staying in Denpasar but don't mind trekking to different places for that one special dive.

Thank in Advance!

I just came back from Bali 3 months ago. I've been there about once a year since 2008. Bli Today (short for I Ketut Gede Somadhyana) of Aqua Cat Bali Dive is my DM in the lat 5 years. A cool, experience DM, highly recommended. Give him my regards when you contact him. Tell him to give you a good deal.

Aqua Cat Bali Dive - Aqua Cat Bali Dive

August is the Mola-Mola season, so check it out in Nusa Penida. You also don't want to miss to dive in Tulamben to see the USS Liberty Wreck. Don't be alarmed if some Balinese ladies carrying your gears & tanks on their heads. That's the Tulamben tradition. The women there have cornered the market for carrying your gears. The guys job are to guide or drive you around. Try to dive wee early in the monrning in Tulamben ~ 5am to see the huge brown-marbled groupers & convoy of bumphead parrotfish coming out of their hideout in the wreck to look for breakfast - an awesome seen, before the rest of the tourist divers start flocking into the wreck & mucking up the visibility.

Have fun diving in Bali

Last edited:
Hi!
Well, there are many great dive shops in Bali, my best shot would be to suggest that you read reviews of the shops in the area where you are staying! This page has all the diving centers - with tons in Bali and loads of reviews.

As for diving, if you want to wander off to some places such as Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, etc., you would have great advanced level diving there! You are in the best season right now, aren't you ? How is the weather ? You sure could experience some great drift diving!

I would definitely go back to the Nusas, august is usually a great month for Mola Molas.

I would recommend you to read more about Bali's best dive sites, gather the information and along with all the dive shop reviews, you should be off to some great diving! :)

Best travels & Happy Diving!

I forgot to mention I will be staying in Denpasar. It seems some of the recommendations are a little out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom