Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all. We did book paradise and I signed my wife up for AOW while we are there. They have a good special going! On the Nai’a, it’s an all snorkeling charter, so we will stick to the shallower stuff and diving isn’t going to be supported…. So we should have a nice mix! Thanks all

I just returned from a trip to Paradise Taveuni Resort. I truly enjoyed the diving on Rainbow Reef, Vuna Reef, and the house reef was great. The house reef was the best house reef I have dived to date in my travels. For the first half of our stay, we did two shore dives every day and saw something different on every dive. The current on the house reef was minimal during our dives. We usually started up current and finished shallower with the current coming back. My maximum depths on the house reef were between 60-70 feet at the beginning with dive times of 70-80 minutes where the depth for the majority of the dive was less than 30 feet. There was so much to see on the house reef, we didn't want to get out. The dive team is great and attentive to your experience level and needs. There were a couple of dives on Rainbow reef where we encountered some strong current. Let the dive master know your experience levels and comfort levels regarding current.

We had one bad experience when someone got into our safe and stole cash while we were out diving one day. If using the safe, pick a strong 8-digit passcode, lock your room doors when away, and leave the room key up with the front desk when diving. We fell into a false sense of security and weren't locking our doors when diving. We were also in the room the farthest from the main resort area. So, fewer eyes to see who is coming and going.

Nai'a all snorkeling trip?! DId not know that existed. Would love to see any report on that on your return, particularly where they ended up going. We did a mostly snorkeling trip last year to an island in the Yasawas which is near a pass frequented by mantas. Daily manta swims with the kids were great. Fiji is great so your trip should be awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom