First trip to Coz ~ Dec. 19-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver's Wife

Reaction score
We're heading to Coz for the first time - staying at Iberostar.

Are there any "just can't miss" dive sites that you'd suggest for my husband and teenagers?:grinbandit:

Some of that will depend on which Operator they use. Most of it will depend on their degree of training and experience, especially for the teens - and how old are they anyway? The DMs and captains work for tips so they all try to please; I bet they love the dives wherever the go. Have a wonderful vacation but give us some info ok?

Hi Diver's wife! Still not diving? haha. I read your bio. Maybe one day. Your son and daughter would have to prove themselves for certain dives/reefs, like most divers but being young there is sometimes prejudices regardless of their certification. About must do dives on Coz, well it's really difficult to nail one as best. They are all phenomenal. I am sure after the check-out dives with their divemaster they are going to be very happy with any reef they hit. Which dive op are you using? Have fun. kevin.

Oops -- here's some 411.:dork2:

Our son is 15 y/o and he's a certified rescue diver.

Our daughter is 13 y/o and she's an advanced junior diver.

My husband is an advanced diver.

Both of the kids have done all of their training and certification either with Dressel Divers or Scuba Caribe in the Dominican Republic.

firstdive,

We've been very pleased with Dressel in the Dominican Republic and the Mayan so we'd planned on using them this time too.

I have 13 and 14 year old boys and their favorite dive ....hands down is Palancar Caves.. as long as they have good buoyancy the swim throughs are fantastic! Since you are staying at the Iberostar.. you are closer too! We will be staying at the Iberostar a week from today!

Have fun!!!

From a newbies perspective, I was there 2 weeks ago & out of 10 dives, my favorite sites were the Santa Rosa wall (for it's formations and fun swim-throughs). Also Punta Tunish (this site was loaded with life!).

Thank you everyone. I really value your comments!:cheers:

I've been five times and can honestly say that one dive is as good as the next. Hard to go wrong in Coz.

I just returned from a week at the Iberostar - second time there. Dressel divers does a great job, and you can't beat the convenience. We dove this year with Tago - very laid back, but kept good control of our group, which isn't an easy thing. There were 15 of us, so Dressel arranged for us to have our own boat most of the time.

Water was 84-86F Mares degrees.

All dives in COZ are great. My favorites are Palancar Gardens, and Columbia Shallows.

And, don't miss out on an opportunity to dive the Cenotes in Playa. Dressel can arrange everything. It's an unforgettable experience.

Say Hi to Tago and Sophie of Dressel, from Rick of The Whalers Dive Club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom