First trip to Curacao in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you may need a shop that will provide a private one on one guide unless they have a very late afternoon dive scheduled. Scubacao is a small dive op. really nice guys. they may be able to have one of the guides pick you up and take you to a nice shore dive. some of the shore diving is pretty great.

one of the posters above mentioned solo diving. from my discussions on the island, i found solo was absolutely not allowed. i am sure people find ways around it but it doesn't sound like you are looking for that anyway

one of the posters above mentioned solo diving. from my discussions on the island, i found solo was absolutely not allowed. i am sure people find ways around it but it doesn't sound like you are looking for that anyway
. That is not an accurate statement. Solo is permitted on an op by op basis and you just need to follow their requirements which are typically properly solo certified and equipment.

As an unhelpful aside I always chuckle when someone spending their vacation on a cruise ship, the ultimate cattle boat posts that they are looking for a dive op that is not cattle boat.

you may need a shop that will provide a private one on one guide unless they have a very late afternoon dive scheduled. Scubacao is a small dive op. really nice guys. they may be able to have one of the guides pick you up and take you to a nice shore dive. some of the shore diving is pretty great.

Thanks I’ll look them up.

As an unhelpful aside I always chuckle when someone spending their vacation on a cruise ship, the ultimate cattle boat posts that they are looking for a dive op that is not cattle boat.
Yep, it’s a pain but it can be done. Never done it through a cruise but with diligent research avoiding a cattle boat can be done.

I think your best bet would be Divebus, Curious2Dive, heck you can even get a night dive. I cannot dis any of the above suggestions.

The house reef for the Dive Bus (Pier Baai & Car Pile) are a pleasant dive with lots of critters, and a great day and night dive. It is also just a simple walk across the street from the operation. If a guide is mandated, consider it a plus as they are always keeping an eye out for the stuff to see. I also know that folks have dove it on their own, and unsure what the requirements are. We have used it for a "quick check and tune up" heading into a week of diving as well as some great night dives.

A quick cab trip there could be a good option for you.

@Saturated and satisfied (linking in the Dive Bus owner)

. That is not an accurate statement. Solo is permitted on an op by op basis and you just need to follow their requirements which are typically properly solo certified and equipment.

i do not want to derail the thread as the op is not looking for solo diving options. but i would really appreciate it if you could send me any names of dives ops willing to rent tanks to solo divers. i must have communicated with 4 different shops and all were absolutely against it, no matter what the divers certs were. i cancelled plans to return there on a solo trip because of it. as i did say, i am sure someone could find a way around it but when i was honest and told them i would be on my own the answer was always no.

i do not want to derail the thread as the op is not looking for solo diving options. but i would really appreciate it if you could send me any names of dives ops willing to rent tanks to solo divers. i must have communicated with 4 different shops and all were absolutely against it, no matter what the divers certs were. i cancelled plans to return there on a solo trip because of it. as i did say, i am sure someone could find a way around it but when i was honest and told them i would be on my own the answer was always no.

Please start another thread for solo diving.

I’m not opposed to a solo dive as being on a dive/rescue squad we dove solo all the time with a surface tender but that’s a different type of “solo” diving.
Anyway I’m still looking at my options for a late afternoon dive 1 or 2 tanks.

Look into The Dive Bus - they are apparently awesome at providing guided shore dives. Curacao has tons of shore diving, and you can probably get either more dives in or have more time in town if you shore dive vs boat. Most of the great boat dives are on the west end of the island, so you would have to add an hour of driving each way and have to be at the whim of the dive shop schedules.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom