Fish ID - Juvenile in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a sample of an image captured with the Sony FE 90mm macro.
Cheers,
Ricardo
FCF1C894-DC7C-43D9-ABFA-D064751DCE95.jpeg

Sony has a G FE 90mm macro lens that is ideal for the type of setup that you are considering. Yes, it’s expensive for sure, but it does a great job and it is very sharp. The lens is large and with the compact housing it will occupy more space and will probably weigh more than the camera per-se, but it is a solid product. This being a native lens responds very well.
Ricardo
I have that lens as well, although with the a6500 it is a pain to put together. The front of the lens doesn't fit through the port hole from the back of the housing, so you have to install the camera first and then attach the lens through the front of the housing (meaning the sensor is exposed for a bit), and it requires a port adapter plus the port, which makes it quite bulky. Once it's set up, the rig isn't much more negative in the water, but it's just harder to handle. I've only done two dives with the 90mm setup, but I'm amazed at the magnification/closeness it gets. Definitely sets you up for great macro shots, although I'm not there yet. ;-).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom