Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhuskins

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was talking about housing options with a dive friend and went to the Fisheye page to send him the link. While I was there, I noticed that the page now has more information, particularly regarding lens mounts.

Google Translate

--- Still waiting for it to show up at Backscatter. . .

Yes I did notice that ,and also that they don't speak of any compatibility with the UWL-04 Fix lense ..
I notice also that we'll need mount adaptater for add on lenses , it could be 67 mm or 28 AD or ST Fix SD 90 and each of them cost without taxes 17000 Yens , the price of the housing is 71400 Yens , so the housing and one adaptater will be in euros about 940 ..this is really expensive and without any informations about any compatibility with any wide angle !! :shakehead: :depressed::shocked2:

Last edited:
The page shows a "ST" mount which is the one for the UWL-04. There is also a 67mm mount and a 28AD mount shown.

Ryan (Reef) has given some preliminary info from which there is plenty of reason to be excited and he described the UWL-04 as "gloriously wide" so that was enough for me. Money and creativity solves the rest.

Since it does appear we can no longer board an aircraft with underwear on I figure little cameras and carry on has just taken a new meaning.

There seems to be plenty of macro options. The FIX option and accessories was never going to be cheap. If cheap is the operative then the Canon DC-35 housing is the choice.

N

For Nemrod :

The page shows a "ST" mount which is the one for the UWL-04. There is also a 67mm mount and a 28AD mount shown.

Yes but no informations about the compatibility with any wide angle lense including their own UWL-04 . St mount is also the mount for their own macro lenses .

Ryan (Reef) has given some preliminary info from which there is plenty of reason to be excited and he described the UWL-04 as "gloriously wide" so that was enough for me. Money and creativity solves the rest
Since it does appear we can no longer board an aircraft with underwear on I figure little cameras and carry on has just taken a new meaning.

This I agree completely , luggages are always a big problem for me and my husband , fortunately I'm the only one photographer !!

There seems to be plenty of macro options.
Yes but I don't see any informations about wide angle !! Any macro lense will work , but what about wide angle ???

The FIX option and accessories was never going to be cheap. If cheap is the operative then the Canon DC-35 housing is the choice.

The price is not a problem for me,trust me , I'm ready to buy the Fix housing (which look like such a perfect housing but which price is definitively very expensive for a compact camera that will be obsolete ..in ( be hopeful ..) one year perhaps 18 months ..) but I want that the manufacturer himself tell me before a bit more about wide angle compability !!!!

I'm sorry to answer between your lines , but I don't know how to do by an other mean .:)

Wait , wait , wait ...

For Nemrod :

Yes but no informations about the compatibility with any wide angle lense including their own UWL-04 . St mount is also the mount for their own macro lenses .

Ryan (Reef) has given some preliminary info from which there is plenty of reason to be excited and he described the UWL-04 as "gloriously wide" so that was enough for me. Money and creativity solves the rest

This I agree completely , luggages are always a big problem for me and my husband , fortunately I'm the only one photographer !!

There seems to be plenty of macro options.
Yes but I don't see any informations about wide angle !! Any macro lense will work , but what about wide angle ???

The FIX option and accessories was never going to be cheap. If cheap is the operative then the Canon DC-35 housing is the choice.

The price is not a problem for me,trust me , I'm ready to buy the Fix housing (which look like such a perfect housing but which price is definitively very expensive for a compact camera that will be obsolete ..in ( be hopeful ..) one year perhaps 18 months ..) but I want that the manufacturer himself tell me before a bit more about wide angle compability !!!!

I'm sorry to answer between your lines , but I don't know how to do by an other mean .:)

Wait , wait , wait ...

I understand fully and we will just have to wait, if Ryan said it would work then I believe him (not meaning to put him on the spot--sorry). He also did some testing with several lenses on the Ike housing, whatever works there will work as well or better with the FIX since again, per Ryan, FIX is working the 67mm and 28AD mounts to optimize them. We just have to wait and see:coffee: (as to what Ryan/Reef thinks/opinion, best to ask him since I should not restate his words, always just adds confusion and misinfo).

Well, something is on the way to me, I do believe, we shall see. My wife may divorce me. Probably not. I wonder if Reef allows "work it off" payment plans. :wink:. Delivery indicated for 1/04/10.

N

Hi all,

We actually have housings on hand, but don't have any English manuals, and don't have any lens adapters yet. I'm really happy with the housing. It is much smaller than I expected, and I'm still trying to get my head around the best way to hold it (being used to larger systems). The command wheels are very impressive. Both turn with no resistance (better than G10), and mesh smoothly. This is the first compact camera I can think of that has dual command wheel access allowing independent shutter speed and aperture control. Not since the good old Olympus C4040 days have we had a solution that didn't require "push this turn that" operations.

The adapters are being revised to incorporate a lock that holds them on the front port a little more securely, so we have not been able to do any in house testing yet. I have been informed by Fisheye staff in Japan that the UWL-04 doesn't vignette, but we are looking forward to confirming that in house, and doing some tests to evaluate corner sharpness for this camera with wide angle adapters (and the G11 options too) once we have all of the correct parts on hand.

The current list of lens adapters is:
S90 AD Mount Adapter for INON UWL-100 28 AD
S90 M67 Mount Adapter
S90 ST Mount Adapter
S90 M52 Mount for FIX UWL-04 M46/52/67

Fisheye is closed until Jan 6, so hopefully they'll have some time to get down to Izu and send back some sample photos!

No payment plans, but that direct payroll deposit system doesn't work too badly :)

No payment plans, but that direct payroll deposit system doesn't work too badly :)

What? You changed your payment plan? I guess your easy financing was too easy: 100% down with ZERO interest.

I cannot put you on my payroll direct deposit. My local dive shop is there already. :eyebrow:

On a more serious note: Please let us know what makes the best configuration for this housing: UWL-04 for wide angle? YS110a for strobe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom