Fit questions-Bare 3mm Reactive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J322Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought this wetsuit a few days ago and haven't dove in it yet. I'm concerned about how tight it is, especially on my arms. I can feel pressure in my hands, and the veins swell as soon as I put it on. The veins in my neck also pop a little.

I took a photo of my arm in the suit that shows how the seam cuts into my arm. Is this acceptable? I'm 5'7", 150 lbs with little body fat. I'm sure a medium would be to large, and I wonder if I should return it to Divers Direct before using it.

20170908_195232.jpg

For me, their sizing runs small. It's almost as if their sizing assumes that a large part of the weight will be carried in the midsection rather than in muscling of the arms/shoulders/legs.

Try the next size up.

Thanks TASCPA.

I'm considering returning it and getting into a custom made suit.

I did try the next size up and it fit much better. Never thought of myself as a M at 5'7" with little body fat, but I have several measurements that are in the M range. I'm a bit short for M, but the weight, chest, and arms are good.

While I was returning the S I decided to switch to a 5mm. I already have the Lavacore skin for warmer water, so I think I'll cover more situations this way. I'm close to FL springs, and that seems like a better thickness for long dives in 72º water.

I did try the next size up and it fit much better. Never thought of myself as a M at 5'7" with little body fat, but I have several measurements that are in the M range. I'm a bit short for M, but the weight, chest, and arms are good.

While I was returning the S I decided to switch to a 5mm. I already have the Lavacore skin for warmer water, so I think I'll cover more situations this way. I'm close to FL springs, and that seems like a better thickness for long dives in 72º water.

5mm has the zippers on the legs. Like that too.

That should probably be in every diver's signature line.
↓Behold↓ :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom