Fitness Members Journal for May 8th 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overall, I think this has been my best weekend since starting the challenge. I ate better, and had good workouts.

Right now I'm ticked off big time. :mad: I was trying to get a good mile swim in at the gym tonight when this man and his young son asked to share my lane. I said sure. I was ok with sharing, but the jerk took over the whole lane. I'm so :mad: right now. I barely got in a quater mile tonight, and I wanted to get in a good long swim before weigh in tomorrow morning. :mad: Anyway by the time a lane had opened up I was out of my rythm so I did a couple laps at full steam to get rid of the frustration, but I dodn't think it worked to well. :wink: Ok, I'm done ranting for now

I still beleive I'll hit my first short term goal in the morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I WI at WW last evening and I am down another 1.8, thank goodness for those ((((Skinny Vibes)))), so I am down a total of 6.2 lbs! Ya Hoo!.

I did a little math with my points and flex points and divided them up over the week last week using higher and lower days, and it seemed to help. Even though I did not get in my scheduled exercises, I did walk twice, use the video once and I did a lot of work in my yard cleaning up leaves, limbs and debri that has been in our back yard for quite a while.

I am ready to go out and do more now if that is what it takes!

Will check in later. I have to go to the Doctor's for my quarterly visit.

Hope everyone else today has a great WI. I am sending you some of my ((((Skinny Vibes))))!

I can't freaking believe what happened to me tonight. :mad: After last night shortened swim, I went back to the gym to try to get a good swim in tonight. I was planning on doing a 1/2 mile swim, and possibly a mile. Well I freaking got in 2 laps before a staff member said they had to close the pool. :mad: 2 freaking laps arrggg. Sure would have been nice if they had told me before I got in the pool.

I don't know what's gotten into me. I can't believe how upset/frustrated I've been this last few days. All because I've not been able to do my workout the way I want.

It's your fault Natasha for suggesting this fitness challenge. :wink:

Been exercising for 45 mintues everyday (taking classes here at the gym) and following my WW points. NOT LOSING ANYTHING...ugh... I've been stuck here since september!!! Well, I can tell I've lost a couple inches. I did measure myself last week, so maybe next week, I'll do it again. This is SO fustrating!! Anyone suggest what's wrong?? Should I talk to my Dr???

hnladue:
Been exercising for 45 mintues everyday (taking classes here at the gym) and following my WW points. NOT LOSING ANYTHING...ugh... I've been stuck here since september!!! Well, I can tell I've lost a couple inches. I did measure myself last week, so maybe next week, I'll do it again. This is SO fustrating!! Anyone suggest what's wrong?? Should I talk to my Dr???

Sounds like you've hit a plateau. Plus, excercise builds muscle which weighs more than fat but it burns fat quickly!

Do you eat the same number of points every day? That will put me into a plateau very quickly. Try varying your daily points, but don't go over your weekly point totals. I usually start with the day I weigh in as my highest day, sometimes half again more than my daily points. This is the day I can eat anything I've been craving and it's OK! Every day thereafter, I lower my daily points. By Sunday and Monday, I'm seldom very hungry and I'll have maybe half my daily points. 'Course you don't have to go that low, it just works out that way for me. Since I've started doing this, I've averaged a 2-3lbs loss a week.

Dee,

I am usually close in the points I eat each day, but on weekends I use my flex points. During the week I usually only get to 20 points. (allowed 26) I don't eat the same things each day either. I started working out 4 weeks ago-scale hasn't moved. And these aren't easy classes either!! I'm sore all week from them!! I've lost 30lbs to date, but as I said before, been stuck since september.

Heather.

Heather, Just an idea, you may try literally writing down everything you eat, how much, how it was prepared etc. Sometimes this will give you an idea if there may be an area to watch a little closer. But, sounds like you're doing excellent. Keep up the effort. Keep watching the mirror and measuring. Pounds only mean so much. I know when I hit a plateau it seems like forever until I finally lose but then its usually a good 2-3 pounds according to the scale. Good luck, Greg

Thanks Greg....I DO write down everything!! Then my WW instructor yells at me for not eating enough...but if I eat more, I will gain!! Trying to add little things here and there, like a hb egg, and yogurt. Hopefully something will kick in soon!!

I can't lose if I eat all my points either! I seldom ever use any Flex Points but if I do it's on the weekend or a special function of some sort. If you're writing everything down, go back and see if you're eating more carbs later in the day. If so, your body will burn those overnight instead of stored fat. Try to eat your high carb foods earlier in the day, for lunch or early afternoon and more protein in the evenings. That works better for me.

Sometimes, especially after several weeks of losses, it seems like my body just needs to get used to the new weight. I do nothing different, stay within or below points, yet I don't lose. Usually the next week, after a rest, I start loosing again.

OK, here's where it gets tough I guess. My mother in law had a heart attack and died on a plane coming home from London yesterday. I had the very unpleasant task of having to tell my wife, and picking up her luggage and personal effects from the airport. I haven't gone crazy, but needless to say my diet is the last thing on my mind.

Today I am surviving on a single banana. Just not that hungry. Likely not to make it to the gym either.
Guess I'll take it day to day......

Chris

Back
Top Bottom