Fitness Members Only: Week 4/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figure weighing in daily is like watching a stock too intently; of course, there is hourly fluctuation, but it is the overall trend that's more important. Weighing yourself too frequently can make you crazy.

That said, I am doing my part with exercise, but not on the eating front. My present employment situation ends at the end of May, and I am job hunting, so I'm a little but nuts already. It's a beautiful day, so I'm going out there right now to work off some of this internal steam and get away from the few little chocolate "Dove" eggs that still remain in the fridge.

With the exception being to weigh in for this, my usual weigh-in's were about every 2 weeks since mid-Feb. Mostly though, I look in the mirror. I look at pictures of myself from around this time last year and this past X-mas and look at the dig pic from last weekend and I see a slightly different shaped guy. Gone are my chubby cheeks and obvious spare tire, my Dunlop (I dun-lopped over my belt buckle!) and in taking its place is some shape and definition of muscles in my shoulders, arms, traps, and chest that were just otherwise just obvious chubby.

My real test will be starting tomorrow at the gym. I've set a goal to get below 10% body fat, somtehing I've not had since I was about 8 (I'm 30 now).. my closest being 4 years ago at about 14%. Tomorrow I am going to do a measurment of "where am I now" to know where my starting point is now that I've established a good routine of eating and dietary habits that it is part of my daily routines instead of something I am getting used to. My wife has been gleefully respecting and playing along with so much so that she now is on the same schedule, and from my earlier post, you can see the marked weight loss on her in the same time frame.

I'm ashamed to say I didnt work out much except my beer arm this weekend though.. went to the Jimmy Buffet concert in Ft Lauderdale with my wife and Son (15 mos old) who are absolute Parrot Heads - so, I had to tail gate for both of them! It was horrible, but I'm a good spouse and father and took a few for the team!!!

Hope ya'll had a good weekend...

Well, I had a good weekend. I managed to keep control of my eating. Even though it was a truly rainy weekend and most of the time was spent indoors. I found things to keep me busy and away from food.

My Dad is visiting and that is another obstacle in my plans, I have not done any exercising! I will start back tommorrow though. I will be reporting in my weight tommorrow too. I hope it will be good.

Checking back tommorrow. Until then stay with it. Plan what you eat and eat what you plan!

I was bad this weekend. I didn't eat well and I too had some beer. Not good but you will be happy to know that OD is on my case and as I was popping a french fry into my mouth he said, "nice diet". No guilt there hey. LOL

Doing good in Cozumel. Only used two points so far today and did two dives Hioping for a loss this week. Eating lots of snapper, grouper, and tonight Lobster.
Walking 2 miles a day plus diving. Miss you all!!!!

Natasha:
Doing good in Cozumel. Only used two points so far today and did two dives Hioping for a loss this week. Eating lots of snapper, grouper, and tonight Lobster.
Walking 2 miles a day plus diving. Miss you all!!!!

Ahhhh... warm water tropical diving, sounds nice right now...

Sat was my free day, so I exercised a little more to make up for it. Didnt splurge too much, but I won't list the specifics,
2800 yard swim

Also went to the local sporting goods store and got some stuff for swim workouts, and cycling shorts cuz I want to start a spin class this week. Did it and enjoyed it a couple years ago.

Sun - well, went out diving, no plan for the day, by 4 pm all I had was a cup of yogurt and two lo carb bars spread throughout the day. Not smart. Came home and polished off the leftovers from Sat dinner, and had fast food - ugh!!!!

Back on it today
4 oz protein for breakfast (missed the fruit)
lo cal smoothie and protein bar for lunch
chicken breats, brown rice and green beans for dinner.
Exercise - swim, probably 1500 yards or so

Chris

This past week I have not been very diligent on what I was putting past my lips. Too much sugar foods. And I ran out of lettuce and was too busy to get to the store, so I ate other stuff. Also, I am trying to rid my body of the sugar craving that built up the weekend before camping and diving at Ginnie Springs. Regardless, I did walk 3 times and included some fast jogs a couple times during the walk. The dog is refusing to get out of his pace and I had to drag the poor thing! In addition to the walking I also went diving on Saturday. Being that it was a rough boat ride, I am sure there was some calories spent hanging on (everybody else lost their calories to the fish....)
I am noticing that since my weakness is the sugar, if I start my day with Lucky Charms, I have a tougher day keeping sugar away than if I start with the Kashi...Hmmmm. My doctor told me that the best diet for me was a diabetic diet. A diabetic friend of mine said what he does is look at the sugar content. If its the 4 ingredient or later, he can eat it. Sounds good. Even finding sugar the third ingredient is difficult, so when I buy food, I take that into consideration. That and I look at fat content. Some of those frozen dinners are atocious!
My outlook for the week is to have at least 2 more walks, keep physical, drink my water, and eat smaller portions.

Free day this past weekend was just a little over the top... I'm still recovering. I have noticed that if I go diving on a day that I do cardio when I wake up, I seems like I'm using less air during the dive. In fact, I've started doing cardio on the free days that I go diving. I'm just excited that I've managed to stick with this 'new life' for 4 weeks now and I haven't burnt myself out already... I have an addictive personality and manage to 'burn-out' quickly when I really get into something new. Plus, I trying to plan how I am going to exercise while on vacation. Camping and diving on a remote island - and I'm thinking how I'm going to get a jog in every morning... Whoodathunkit? I am excited that my body fat calipers are coming this week. That way I can do those measurements every week with my weigh-in.

-Frank

I'm just excited that I've managed to stick with this 'new life' for 4 weeks now and I haven't burnt myself out already... I have an addictive personality and manage to 'burn-out' quickly when I really get into something new.

Frank, I know exactly what you mean, especially when the excitement of something new wears off......

I try to settle into eating habits, so I don't have to think too much.

Yesterday was pretty good, stuck to my plan but subbed a salad for dinner, and swam more than I thought I would...

But I stopped in here for a reminder. I just walked by our admin office and reached in and got a couple of those mini Halloween candy bars - twice. Why? no clue. Just a little sabotage, I guess. So my post here is that I'm not taking any more of those.

Breakfast was yogurt and the apple still sitting on my desk :)
Lunch was chinese, not great, but rice and pork and broccoli, only one serving
Dinner will be chicken, green beans and brown rice.

Exercise - stil up in the air, been wanting to try a spinning class. maybe tonite

Chris

Today I struggled. Eating wise I did fine, untill dinner. Kinda of splurged a little bit.

I did do a mile swim, but it wasn't pretty. Today at work, I had about 200lbs on a 2 wheel dolly when I lost my balance. Needless to say I fell on my a**, hit my head on a window and had the freaking handle of the dolly fall square on the side of my foot. It didn't feel all that good.My first thought was I hope my foot isn't broken because that would mess up my workout routine. Anyway, my foot has been hurting all day,and there is a nce bruise with some slight swelling.

At least I was able to do my mile swim, and it only took me about 4 minutes longer to do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom