Fitness Members Only: Weekly Journal 4/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM:
...Tomorrow is weigh in. I have an anorexic mind. I cannot tell objectively if I have lost weight just looking at myself. And even if I have, I tend to lose perspecitve (as with a lot of things in life) and think it's not enough) My jeans are a little looser out of the dryer tho....

Chris....I still can't really tell I've lost weight by looking int he mirror! I know I have because I'm having to buy smaller clothes but unfortunately, my shape is the same...just smaller. People who I haven't seen in several months have comments on the loss but those I see daily/weekly seldom mention it.

Hang in there....

I don't feel like I have lost pounds this week. I have now ate the same, as last week, but rode 32 miles on my bike this week. Yet, I don't think the scale is going to show it tomorrow. Woe is me.
Inches are gone..but it's hard to lose the pounds!

Natasha:
I don't feel like I have lost pounds this week. I have now ate the same, as last week, but rode 32 miles on my bike this week. Yet, I don't think the scale is going to show it tomorrow. Woe is me.
Inches are gone..but it's hard to lose the pounds!

It's hard to look at it this way, but INCHES ARE BETTER. Loosing inches, but not "pounds" means that you have replaced fat with lean muscle. Lean muscle is good. Instead of just existing, lean muscle increases your metabolic rate, even when you are sleeping. Since you gained your lean muscle via biking, you have also increased your cardiovascular health. Add in some weight training for more improvement- build not only lean muscle, but also increase bone density and help ward off osteoporosis!

Reality check- you hit a little plateau- no biggie- keep working and remember you didn't "not loose" this week- you won some lean muscle!

Thanks for the 'cheer up' I know you're right. But, I want the scale to reflect the hard work.
Maybe it will..18 hours and we will know. LOL

Natasha:
Thanks for the 'cheer up' I know you're right. But, I want the scale to reflect the hard work.
Maybe it will..18 hours and we will know. LOL

LOL- as you guys have probably guessed, I'm a bit of a gym rat. I still have issues witht he numbers on the scale vs. "loss". I decided screw the scale, I'm gonna go by clothing size- as long as I'm a size 8 (the goal) what does the scale matter?

chickdiver:
LOL- as you guys have probably guessed, I'm a bit of a gym rat. I still have issues witht he numbers on the scale vs. "loss". I decided screw the scale, I'm gonna go by clothing size- as long as I'm a size 8 (the goal) what does the scale matter?

Heather. Thanks for reminding me. I agree. My goal all along was to get back into my size 10 jeans. I don't care that but how much I weigh, as long as I can sit down in them and still breathe!

Natasha,
I am thinking skinny vibes((()))))for you today!

I know how frustrating it feels. Believe me, I have been at this for over 2yrs now. I am weighing less but I am really much smaller inches wise than I was two years ago. The weight will eventually get lower I am told, I just have to keep on going with it.

Right now I am back on a losing trend, but I know that can slow down again. At one point I was losing 0.2 or 0.5 a week. Or none at all. But, I am down two sizes in jeans and dress clothes. I also, have had to buy new wetsuits! I bought the Excel size 10 ! That honestly feels much better than anything the scales say. Another good benefit muscle weighs more than fat = makes me less bouyant = less lead weight needed!
Gotta luv that!

Good luck today!

Cindy!!!!
The vibes worked. Thank you, and everyone for the support. I'm very happy!! 2 1/2 pound less today. All the hard work paid off on the scale, and in the inches. Time to reward myself with a piece of chocolate cake.. HA! Only kidding.
:eat

Natasha! You go girl! We will have to keep those ((((Skinny Vibes)))) bouncing around out there. I am thinking + about all of us.

I had a good day yesterday, inspite of these allergies I am suffering from. The pollen count here is maxed out and my sinuses are horrible. I have an appointment today with my allergist, I guess he will be putting my back on my shots again. Yuck! But, if I were to try to go diving right now I would have to abort the dives because of sinus squeeze and I know it!

I worked out for 47minutes with the Ramp it Up video from the Slim in Six series. Let me tell you that is a real workout too! I can't do that everyday but I am trying to do it atleast 3times a week.

I am still using my WW Flex calculator and keeping up with my points and I am doing great with it. I love that little calculator it makes it easy for me to keep my food intake recorded.

Will check in later! Have a Skinny Day!Thinking thinner thoughts for all of us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom