Fitness Members Only Weekly Journal 4/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colin, I agree with what Dee said. I know my weight can fluctuate 3-5lbs in one day. It is always the upside that gets caught it seems on my WI days about every 3rd WI. I hate that! On the good side though if you make a graph and can plot your weight over a seveal week time it may have some fluctuations in it but if you continue to lose it will balance out and the trend down is very noticable.

I keep my graph on line and wben I see a gain I look at my overall progress to keep me motivated.

Today I got up at 5:30 and did my 30 min cardio/strength video.
Breakfast: cereal, FF milk and black coffee
vitamins and two glasses of water

Plan for rest of the day: Snack 4oz low fat cottage cheese and a WW 2 point breakfast bar.
Lunch: Grilled Salmon and veggies at work
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: Grilling out on our new grill tonight! Would wait until Saturday or Sunday but we are expecting Thunderstorms.

Drinking lots of water today and the weekend!

Have a great day. Checking in here later.

My wife told me my 3# flux was unfounded since she seens a significant difference in mass shift from chubby tubby to muscle.

Sooooooo.. here we go with yet another day of the week, heading towards the weekend! Started things out before leaving the house with my Secretagogue and vitamin - now, an hour or so later at werk, I'm having my little box of Quaker Oatmeal Squares and milk. I'll have another about 10.... then about 12.30 my tuna and vegestable crackers - about 2pm my 2nd influx of Secretagogue and vitamin, 5.10 at the gym - them home for a light dinner and to finish watching Master and Commander and sharing pop-corn with my son :)

The past 2 days have been crazy. My company is doing work at the phone company and we can only do our commissioning/testing between midnight and 6:00AM. That means that in the span of 48 hours, I usually put in most of a day shift, a full night shift and most of an evening shift. When you're used to eating little things every 3 hours, it's just too much conscious eating time :)

Wifey says that she can really see the weight loss in my face and belly. I can actually stand in front of a mirror and see my belt buckle. I was joking with some friends this week that my belly is more of an awning now, rather than a 'wrap-around' :)

As encouraging as it can be to get on the scale every week, I've ordered a set of skin fold calipers. They should be here next week. The information I really want to get is how much body fat I've lost and how much muscle I'm gaining each week. I started this thing at 350 pounds four weeks ago at about 34% body fat. 31 lbs and a month later, I'm feeling like a buff guy in a fat suit rather than a fat guy. I'm finally convincing myself that this is an entirely achievable goal. I'm starting to see myself for who I can be, not what the mirror reflects back on a daily basis.

-Frank

scuba-punk:
I'm finally convincing myself that this is an entirely achievable goal. I'm starting to see myself for who I can be, not what the mirror reflects back on a daily basis.

Good for you, Frank! Being able to see around and behind that guy in the mirror, replacing the 'before' picture with the 'after' picture in your mind, will lead you to success. You're on your way!

OK guys. I'm a little late but I'm starting a new thread for our journals this week.
Good luck!
I'll be posting my journal entries Live from Cozumel!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom