Fix Neo 3000 vs Light and Motion 3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pair of L&M 1200 lights that I want to upgrade. Anything above 3000 lumens seems to double in price.

Looked at the Fix Neo lights at Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale. Anybody have them? I know the quality of L&M gear, but the Fix Neo has more options.

The light from my 1200 L&M is much more blue than the Fix Neo too. However, both lights have the yellow "egg crate" design now, and both go for the same list price (~$800 US at the time of this writing)

I live in Florida and you would think that I would not need brighter lamps, especially during the day in shallow water, but it seems the opposite is true.

I have Sola 2000's, I haven't seen a 3000 yet but a buddy has the Fix Neo which I got to play with and was fairly impressed. The controls are excellent, having said that my Sola's do what I need (quarter half and full power) and the led indicator is sufficient without needing a numerical readout. So all in all, there are a few extra features on the Neo that aren't really much use to me, and I prefer the sealed battery design of the Sola. Although having said that, on a recent liveaboard trip one of my lights decided it didn't want to play... wouldn't charge, turn on, or respond at all. Nothing a quick dis-and-reassemble didn't sort out.

If I had to pick, I'd get the Solas again. You can get the 2000 spot/flood for $599 or the 2000 flood only for $449

A few other points (we sell them both, along with a lot of other lights):

The Sola has a nice "flipper" switch that's easy to use. The sealed design has it's advantages, but if something like the above goes wrong you have to get into a component level disassemble to fix.

The Solas do not come with mounts, so add another $20-30 to their price.

The Fix Neos have a infinite range of level control in 1% or 25% increments. Most of them come with 5 mounts. You can charge them off the end of the light like the Sola, or just plug in the battery. The NEO has a modular design, you can change light heads or better yet, have a spare battery on the charger while you're diving. They have a cool optional remote control that you can mount on a handle.

There are a lot of models available of both lights; some have red/spot or wide modes. The NEOs have a way to mix the red and white light to warm it up a little. They also have a sleep mode so if you're using the remote you can temporarily dim them off.

The older Fix NEO 2500s are being closed out right now at $599, we sold out, but can get some more.

A few other points (we sell them both, along with a lot of other lights):

The Sola has a nice "flipper" switch that's easy to use. The sealed design has it's advantages, but if something like the above goes wrong you have to get into a component level disassemble to fix.

The Solas do not come with mounts, so add another $20-30 to their price.

The Fix Neos have a infinite range of level control in 1% or 25% increments. Most of them come with 5 mounts. You can charge them off the end of the light like the Sola, or just plug in the battery. The NEO has a modular design, you can change light heads or better yet, have a spare battery on the charger while you're diving. They have a cool optional remote control that you can mount on a handle.

There are a lot of models available of both lights; some have red/spot or wide modes. The NEOs have a way to mix the red and white light to warm it up a little. They also have a sleep mode so if you're using the remote you can temporarily dim them off.

The older Fix NEO 2500s are being closed out right now at $599, we sold out, but can get some more.

What features does the FN 3000 have over the 2500's other than Lumens? The 3000 looks pretty sweet but saving $200 per unit and getting double the power of my 1200's sounds pretty sweet too.

Back
Top Bottom