FIX UWL-04 Fisheye Wet Mount Conversion Lens - for DX-2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daviddupont

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a new FIX UWL-04 Fisheye Wet Mount Conversion Lens for use with my new DX-2G. I followed all the directions and purchased the adapter ring for the Sea & Sea close-up lens + a 62mm-52mm step-down ring. The problem I have with the FIX UWL-04 Fisheye Wet Mount Conversion Lens is that when I shoot, the picture has a dark border around it. It is like the hood flanges on the lens housing protrude into the picture. Have any of you guys had this problem? Any suggestions? I have yet to go diving with my new set up - going to Bonaire in June. Maybe it will work properly while diving - not sure. Thanks.

devildiver at scubatoys has a great article about the DX-2G (including the Fisheye Wet Mount) - go to
Sea & Sea DX 2G - Review, Pictures, Add-On's and Questions

Hi David, yes that will happen the solution is to move your telephoto lens out until the dark disappears. Even though you have to extend your telephoto slightly, the wide angle you get is fantastic. The other option is to crop the final picture using and photo editing program like Photoshop Elements. I used the FIX UWL-04 on my trip to Fiji 2010 and I was very happy with the outcome.

Regafrds,

Bill

You da man!! Thanks so much Bill.

Your welcome. You may want to experiment with the lens at home before going on your next trip. Attach the lens and take a few shots around your house.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom